NoteTab Pro 5.0 and NoteTab Std 5.0 released!

  • Eric Fookes
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 26, 2006
      Hi everyone,

      I am pleased to announce that the final versions of NoteTab Pro 5.0 and
      NoteTab Std 5.0 have now been released! NoteTab 4.x customers will find
      upgrade information on the following page:

      http://www.notetab.com/upgrade.php

      The NoteTab Web site also offers trial versions of both NoteTab Pro 5.0
      and NoteTab Std 5.0. Due to lack of time, NoteTab Light 5.0 isn't
      available yet and probably won't be released until September 2006.

      Thanks to all for your patience!

      Eric Fookes
      http://www.notetab.com/

      Eric Fookes
      http://www.fookes.com/
    • Scott Fordin
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 26, 2006
        Eric Fookes wrote:
        > I am pleased to announce that the final versions of NoteTab Pro 5.0 and
        > NoteTab Std 5.0 have now been released! NoteTab 4.x customers will find
        > upgrade information on the following page:
        >
        > http://www.notetab.com/upgrade.php <http://www.notetab.com/upgrade.php>
        >
        > The NoteTab Web site also offers trial versions of both NoteTab Pro 5.0
        > and NoteTab Std 5.0. Due to lack of time, NoteTab Light 5.0 isn't
        > available yet and probably won't be released until September 2006.

        Cool. I'm confused though. The upgrade page refers to a
        "News and Updates" dialog, but no such dialog exists in
        version 4.9x. Is the idea to download the 5.0 trial, and
        then purchase it through the "News and Updates" there?
        Are there any differences between the trial version and
        the version you get if you just buy the package outright?

        Thanks,

        Scott
      • Website Managers
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 26, 2006
          --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, Eric Fookes <egroups@...> wrote:

          > Hi everyone,
          >
          > I am pleased to announce that the final versions of NoteTab Pro
          5.0 and
          > NoteTab Std 5.0 have now been released! NoteTab 4.x customers will
          find
          > upgrade information on the following page:
          >
          > http://www.notetab.com/upgrade.php
          >
          > The NoteTab Web site also offers trial versions of both NoteTab
          Pro 5.0
          > and NoteTab Std 5.0. Due to lack of time, NoteTab Light 5.0 isn't
          > available yet and probably won't be released until September 2006.
          >
          > Thanks to all for your patience!
          >
          > --
          > Regards,
          >
          > Eric Fookes
          > http://www.notetab.com/

          I bought the upgrade right away and installed it over 4.95 (after
          making a backup). Installation was *flawless*.

          I also noticed that going to the discount page doesn't show the
          discount until after completing the form and going to the next page.
          (Just in case anyone gets confused.)

          THANKS ERIC!

          Jim Hutchinson
          Website Managers
          http://www.websitemanagers.net
        • Piotr Bienkowski
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 26, 2006
            Hi Eric,

            Thanks for the long awaited upgrade. I bought NoteTab Pro (called Super
            NoteTab at that time, if I remember correctly) so long ago, through a
            vendor in Poland, that I don't remember where my license key is and what
            it is :)

            To support your work I am going to buy two new licenses, one for the PC
            and the other for the laptop. I read the license (one of the very few I
            did read ;) ) and it seems to require two licenses for two machines
            anyway. :)

            Thanks again.

            Piotr

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 26, 2006
              Website Managers wrote:
              >I also noticed that going to the discount page doesn't show the
              >discount until after completing the form and going to the next page.
              >(Just in case anyone gets confused.)

              Thanks! I was confused. In fact I still am. I see they talk about VAT but
              it isn't clear if they will add it to the price. Has anyone from EU bought
              the upgrade yet? Did they add VAT? I don't like VAT, me.