Re: [NH] Expression worked in 5 beta 1 broken in 5 beta 2

  • Eric Fookes
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 21, 2006
      Thanks for the info Gary. I'll see what I can do. I'm not sure that I
      understand the beginning of your regex pattern though. Have you tried

      ^!Replace "<\!--

      instead of

      ^!Replace "[<][!]--

      Eric Fookes
      http://www.fookes.com/

      Gary Oliver wrote:
      > ^!Replace "[<][!]-- EDITED-DATE\s*\B+\s*\B+\s*-->" >> "<!--
      > EDITED-DATE ^%user% ^$GetDate(yyyy/mm/dd-HH:mm)$ -->" RWAIS
      >
      > First I get an error that says "regex error: nothing to repeat" then
      > it says the line above is the problem
      > It worked in beta 1.
      > I think I remember there was something said about new meaningful error
      > messages.
      >
      > I might as well metion another strange behavior in both betas.
      > The clicp wizard field that produces a file open dialog apears to be
      > waiting for an event and then it jumps to the forground. Unfortunately
      > when the open file dialog has to also use a login box to get where it
      > is going (Such as webpage or a server location) then as soon as the
      > login occurs (clicking OK to login box) the clip wizard box jumps
      > infront of the open file dialog. Slightly confusing for the people I
      > will be programing for.
    • Gary Oliver
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 21, 2006
        Hi, Thanks,
        Yes I did try lots of syntax for html comments but the only one that
        works in RegEx in clips is the way I have it in my example.
        I put this an other observations in a post on the CLIPS list called.
        "Notes On Regular Expressions In version 5 beta-G.O."

        Their is an RTF file in the files with more notes on the RegEx help.
        That syntax <\!-- does work in RegEx find dialogs though.

        Your customizable HTML editor save our but at work when we had to drop
        FrontPage to become NYS-ADA compliant. Thanks.