Re: [NH] using note pad light

  • sisterscape
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 27, 2006
      --- bruce.somers@... wrote:

      > > oldguy1166 (I was 66 when I chose that name; I am 71 now and still
      > learning)
      >
      > Good show Bruce! I am 72 and learning. When you stop learning, you're
      > dead!
      >
      > Bruce

      Gosh, you guys make me feel like a kid at 64! Still learning here too
      . . .

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Cary Driscoll
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 27, 2006
        This may be straying into OT territory, but while Notetab light will help
        you write your pages you still may need a program for manipulating graphic
        images for your pages. For that I would recommend Google's free Picasa
        program.

        For a good but relatively cheap (and small) book on html I would recommend
        Elizabeth Castro's "Creating a Web Page with HTML" from Peachpit Press.

        A more serious recommendation would be Ian Lloyd's "Build Your Own Web Site
        the Right Way Using HTML & CSS" from Sitepoint. This book actually suggest
        using Notetab Light. Back on topic!

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 30, 2006
          --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, Whit & Dennie Williams
          <whitsgirl91@...> wrote:

          > yes i see the red notpad on my desktop, thanks for taking the time
          to try and help me :)

          So far so good.

          Double click on the Swiss Flag, this will start NoteTab.

          If I remember correctly Notetab with its first installation opens
          some windows with names like 'Whatsnew.txt', you need to close these.

          At the top click on File, drop down the menu to Close All documents
          and click again.

          This should leave a blank sheet on the right and a column of text
          with some red headings on the left of the blank sheet. At the top of
          the blank sheet on the left will be a tab with the file
          name 'NoName01.txt'.

          Along the bottom of the blank sheet are some tabs too, with green
          mini icons beside the names. Click on the seventh from the
          left 'HTML'. If you're quick you'll notice the text in the column to
          the left of the blank sheet has altered.

          To start a basic HTML document double-click right at the top 'New Web
          page' on the column of text and red headers on the left hand-side.

          You notice a wizard will appear and ask lots of questions, the
          answers to which you should know if you've read any of the books that
          other posters have recommended here. Also a new tab will have
          appeared at the top. This is your first web page being constructed
          for you.

          See how you get on and let us know

          fw
        • fw7oaks
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 30, 2006
            PS

            I forgot the best bit.

            After you have filled two wizard screens and NTB has generated some
            HTML code for you, the sixteenth icon from the left under the title bar
            changes from 'gray-ed out' to a little blue world.

            Click on it and you will be rewarded by seeing your web page in your
            designated browser.

            Brilliant.

            fw