Re: [NH] using note pad light

  • bruce.somers@web.de
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 27, 2006
      > oldguy1166 (I was 66 when I chose that name; I am 71 now and still learning)

      Good show Bruce! I am 72 and learning. When you stop learning, you're dead!

      Bruce
    • sisterscape
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 27, 2006
        --- bruce.somers@... wrote:

        > > oldguy1166 (I was 66 when I chose that name; I am 71 now and still
        > learning)
        >
        > Good show Bruce! I am 72 and learning. When you stop learning, you're
        > dead!
        >
        > Bruce

        Gosh, you guys make me feel like a kid at 64! Still learning here too
        . . .

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Cary Driscoll
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 27, 2006
          This may be straying into OT territory, but while Notetab light will help
          you write your pages you still may need a program for manipulating graphic
          images for your pages. For that I would recommend Google's free Picasa
          program.

          For a good but relatively cheap (and small) book on html I would recommend
          Elizabeth Castro's "Creating a Web Page with HTML" from Peachpit Press.

          A more serious recommendation would be Ian Lloyd's "Build Your Own Web Site
          the Right Way Using HTML & CSS" from Sitepoint. This book actually suggest
          using Notetab Light. Back on topic!

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 30, 2006
            --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, Whit & Dennie Williams
            <whitsgirl91@...> wrote:

            > yes i see the red notpad on my desktop, thanks for taking the time
            to try and help me :)

            So far so good.

            Double click on the Swiss Flag, this will start NoteTab.

            If I remember correctly Notetab with its first installation opens
            some windows with names like 'Whatsnew.txt', you need to close these.

            At the top click on File, drop down the menu to Close All documents
            and click again.

            This should leave a blank sheet on the right and a column of text
            with some red headings on the left of the blank sheet. At the top of
            the blank sheet on the left will be a tab with the file
            name 'NoName01.txt'.

            Along the bottom of the blank sheet are some tabs too, with green
            mini icons beside the names. Click on the seventh from the
            left 'HTML'. If you're quick you'll notice the text in the column to
            the left of the blank sheet has altered.

            To start a basic HTML document double-click right at the top 'New Web
            page' on the column of text and red headers on the left hand-side.

            You notice a wizard will appear and ask lots of questions, the
            answers to which you should know if you've read any of the books that
            other posters have recommended here. Also a new tab will have
            appeared at the top. This is your first web page being constructed
            for you.

            See how you get on and let us know

            fw
          • fw7oaks
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 30, 2006
              PS

              I forgot the best bit.

              After you have filled two wizard screens and NTB has generated some
              HTML code for you, the sixteenth icon from the left under the title bar
              changes from 'gray-ed out' to a little blue world.

              Click on it and you will be rewarded by seeing your web page in your
              designated browser.

              Brilliant.

              fw