Re: [NH] using note pad light

  • Whit & Dennie Williams
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 27, 2006
      yes i see the red notpad on my desktop, thanks for taking the time to try and help me :)

      fw7oaks <fw7oaks@...> wrote: Better to ask a simple question and appear dumb for five minutes than
      not to ask and remain ignorant for the rest of your life.

      You say you downloaded notetab light, so you have somewhere a file
      called 'NoteTab_Setup.exe' ?

      And you have double clicked upon it to instal it by following the
      instructions ?

      So you should on your desktop a 'Swiss Flag' (Red square with White
      cross on it ?

      So far so good ?

      Before I go any further could you please confirm that you're still
      with me ?

      Thanks

      fw

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 27, 2006
        > oldguy1166 (I was 66 when I chose that name; I am 71 now and still learning)

        Good show Bruce! I am 72 and learning. When you stop learning, you're dead!

        Bruce
      • sisterscape
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 27, 2006
          --- bruce.somers@... wrote:

          > > oldguy1166 (I was 66 when I chose that name; I am 71 now and still
          > learning)
          >
          > Good show Bruce! I am 72 and learning. When you stop learning, you're
          > dead!
          >
          > Bruce

          Gosh, you guys make me feel like a kid at 64! Still learning here too
          . . .

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Cary Driscoll
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 27, 2006
            This may be straying into OT territory, but while Notetab light will help
            you write your pages you still may need a program for manipulating graphic
            images for your pages. For that I would recommend Google's free Picasa
            program.

            For a good but relatively cheap (and small) book on html I would recommend
            Elizabeth Castro's "Creating a Web Page with HTML" from Peachpit Press.

            A more serious recommendation would be Ian Lloyd's "Build Your Own Web Site
            the Right Way Using HTML & CSS" from Sitepoint. This book actually suggest
            using Notetab Light. Back on topic!

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 30, 2006
              --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, Whit & Dennie Williams
              <whitsgirl91@...> wrote:

              > yes i see the red notpad on my desktop, thanks for taking the time
              to try and help me :)

              So far so good.

              Double click on the Swiss Flag, this will start NoteTab.

              If I remember correctly Notetab with its first installation opens
              some windows with names like 'Whatsnew.txt', you need to close these.

              At the top click on File, drop down the menu to Close All documents
              and click again.

              This should leave a blank sheet on the right and a column of text
              with some red headings on the left of the blank sheet. At the top of
              the blank sheet on the left will be a tab with the file
              name 'NoName01.txt'.

              Along the bottom of the blank sheet are some tabs too, with green
              mini icons beside the names. Click on the seventh from the
              left 'HTML'. If you're quick you'll notice the text in the column to
              the left of the blank sheet has altered.

              To start a basic HTML document double-click right at the top 'New Web
              page' on the column of text and red headers on the left hand-side.

              You notice a wizard will appear and ask lots of questions, the
              answers to which you should know if you've read any of the books that
              other posters have recommended here. Also a new tab will have
              appeared at the top. This is your first web page being constructed
              for you.

              See how you get on and let us know

              fw
            • fw7oaks
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 30, 2006
                PS

                I forgot the best bit.

                After you have filled two wizard screens and NTB has generated some
                HTML code for you, the sixteenth icon from the left under the title bar
                changes from 'gray-ed out' to a little blue world.

                Click on it and you will be rewarded by seeing your web page in your
                designated browser.

                Brilliant.

                fw