Re: [NH] using note pad light

  • fw7oaks
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 27, 2006
      Better to ask a simple question and appear dumb for five minutes than
      not to ask and remain ignorant for the rest of your life.

      You say you downloaded notetab light, so you have somewhere a file
      called 'NoteTab_Setup.exe' ?

      And you have double clicked upon it to instal it by following the
      instructions ?

      So you should on your desktop a 'Swiss Flag' (Red square with White
      cross on it ?

      So far so good ?

      Before I go any further could you please confirm that you're still
      with me ?

      Thanks

      fw

      --- whitsgirl91 <whitsgirl91@...> wrote:

      > i downloaded note pad light and now i have no idea where to go to
      > start
      > using it? i know i must sound pretty dumb.

      > --------------------~-->
      > Check out the new improvements in Yahoo! Groups email.
      > http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/CefplB/TM

    • Whit & Dennie Williams
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 27, 2006
        yes i see the red notpad on my desktop, thanks for taking the time to try and help me :)

        fw7oaks <fw7oaks@...> wrote: Better to ask a simple question and appear dumb for five minutes than

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 27, 2006
          > oldguy1166 (I was 66 when I chose that name; I am 71 now and still learning)

          Good show Bruce! I am 72 and learning. When you stop learning, you're dead!

          Bruce
        • sisterscape
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 27, 2006
            --- bruce.somers@... wrote:

            > > oldguy1166 (I was 66 when I chose that name; I am 71 now and still
            > learning)
            >
            > Good show Bruce! I am 72 and learning. When you stop learning, you're
            > dead!
            >
            > Bruce

            Gosh, you guys make me feel like a kid at 64! Still learning here too
            . . .

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Cary Driscoll
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 27, 2006
              This may be straying into OT territory, but while Notetab light will help
              you write your pages you still may need a program for manipulating graphic
              images for your pages. For that I would recommend Google's free Picasa
              program.

              For a good but relatively cheap (and small) book on html I would recommend
              Elizabeth Castro's "Creating a Web Page with HTML" from Peachpit Press.

              A more serious recommendation would be Ian Lloyd's "Build Your Own Web Site
              the Right Way Using HTML & CSS" from Sitepoint. This book actually suggest
              using Notetab Light. Back on topic!

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 30, 2006
                --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, Whit & Dennie Williams
                <whitsgirl91@...> wrote:

                > yes i see the red notpad on my desktop, thanks for taking the time
                to try and help me :)

                So far so good.

                Double click on the Swiss Flag, this will start NoteTab.

                If I remember correctly Notetab with its first installation opens
                some windows with names like 'Whatsnew.txt', you need to close these.

                At the top click on File, drop down the menu to Close All documents
                and click again.

                This should leave a blank sheet on the right and a column of text
                with some red headings on the left of the blank sheet. At the top of
                the blank sheet on the left will be a tab with the file
                name 'NoName01.txt'.

                Along the bottom of the blank sheet are some tabs too, with green
                mini icons beside the names. Click on the seventh from the
                left 'HTML'. If you're quick you'll notice the text in the column to
                the left of the blank sheet has altered.

                To start a basic HTML document double-click right at the top 'New Web
                page' on the column of text and red headers on the left hand-side.

                You notice a wizard will appear and ask lots of questions, the
                answers to which you should know if you've read any of the books that
                other posters have recommended here. Also a new tab will have
                appeared at the top. This is your first web page being constructed
                for you.

                See how you get on and let us know

                fw
              • fw7oaks
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 30, 2006
                  PS

                  I forgot the best bit.

                  After you have filled two wizard screens and NTB has generated some
                  HTML code for you, the sixteenth icon from the left under the title bar
                  changes from 'gray-ed out' to a little blue world.

                  Click on it and you will be rewarded by seeing your web page in your
                  designated browser.

                  Brilliant.

                  fw