NoteTabLight

  • forkinpm
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2006
      Hi you all!

      I have just downloaded NoteTabLight and have 2 simple questions about
      its functionality. They are:
      1. Can NoteTabLight be used to create a file structure as in the file
      Readme.otl with a link pane on the left and a content pane on the
      right?
      2. Can both panes and content be exported 'as-is' to HTML?
      What I want is to be able to have a simple outliner or editor for
      folding HTML content.
      Any help would be most welcome.
      Thanks to all and have a nice day.
      Regards, pmf
    • lm_hamilton
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6, 2006
        --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, "forkinpm" <forkinpm@...> wrote:

        > Hi you all!
        >
        > I have just downloaded NoteTabLight and have 2 simple questions about
        > its functionality. They are:
        > 1. Can NoteTabLight be used to create a file structure as in the file
        > Readme.otl with a link pane on the left and a content pane on the
        > right?
        > 2. Can both panes and content be exported 'as-is' to HTML?
        > What I want is to be able to have a simple outliner or editor for
        > folding HTML content.
        > Any help would be most welcome.
        > Thanks to all and have a nice day.
        > Regards, pmf

        NoteTab Light can create outlines and save them to HTML. The saving to
        HTML is built-in, and creates a FAQ style page.

        Working with outlines in NTL takes several hoops. I built a clip
        library in 2002 to deal with this for a friend, but it is a lot easier
        with NoteTab Standard or NoteTab Pro. What it does is make the outline
        behave like a plain text file in NoteTab so that you can edit it like
        a plain text file. When done, turn it back into an outline file. I
        have not used these clips since 2002, so they may not have all that
        you need, but will get you started.

        Create a new empty library and copy the following into it.

        <--Copy Below This Line-->
        = V5 MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30

        H=";Outline Note Keeper Formatter"
        Use the following clips to create and edit NoteTab Outline files in
        NoteTab Light.

        Created by Larry Hamilton 06/07/2002

        H="Create Outline Document in NoteTab Light"
        ;06/07/2002
        ;Larry Hamilton - lmh at hamiltongensociety DoT org
        ;This opens a new document and adds the line that indicates to NoteTab
        that it is an outline.
        ;Once this document is saved and closed, it will open as a NoteTab
        outline.
        ;Make sure that you have a blank line between each header and each topic.
        ;This is only needed if using NoteTab Light. The pay versions do not
        need this hoop.
        ^!Toolbar New Document
        = V4 Outline MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30

        H="Change this text to match the first heading you want to
        use."^%NL%^%NL%

        H="Convert Selected Text to a False Outline Heading"
        ;06/07/2002
        ;Larry Hamilton - lmh at hamiltongensociety DoT org
        ;This is necessary for a work around, since the H="" format is
        identical in Clips and Outlines.
        ;Use the "Convert False Headings" to Real Headings clip to fix them.
        ;This is only needed if using NoteTab Light. The pay versions do not
        need this hoop.
        H="^&"

        ^!Jump Select_End

        H="Add Empty False Topic Heading"
        ;06/07/2002
        ;Larry Hamilton - lmh at hamiltongensociety DoT org
        ;This is necessary for a work around, since the H="" format is
        identical in Clips and Outlines.
        ;Use the "Convert False Headings" to Real Headings clip to fix them.
        ;This is only needed if using NoteTab Light. The pay versions do not
        need this hoop.
        H=""

        H=";"

        H="Convert False Headings to Real Headings"
        ;06/07/2002
        ;Larry Hamilton - lmh at hamiltongensociety DoT org
        ;This is necessary for fixing the spaces before the H= so that NoteTab
        sees them as headers.
        ;This is only needed if using NoteTab Light. The pay versions do not
        need this hoop.
        ^!SetCursor 1:1
        ^!Replace " H" >> "H" WAS

        H=";"

        H="Save Outline"
        ;06/07/2002
        ;Larry Hamilton - lmh at hamiltongensociety DoT org
        ^!Info The file that has been created will need to be saved with an
        OTL extension so that it stands out as an outline. It will still open
        as an outline, no matter what extension it has.

        <--copy Above This Line-->