Re: [NH] Code for HTML Extended Characters

    Message 1 of 23 , Jun 1, 2006
      Marcelo de Castro Bastos wrote:
      >So, what I would really like is... well, to be able to choose if Notetab
      >counts/numbers/searches lines "as displayed" on screen

      Ha! I've asked for this for10 years - at least. I'm sure it's on the
      special don't-fix-this-because-Lotta-wants-it list. ;-)
      Jokes aside, I guess the clippo stuff complicates it maybe. Then again, I
      don't see why clips need to count wrapped lines either. I probably miss
      something.

      Message 2 of 23 , Jun 1, 2006
        Hi Lotta, Marcelo, and Others,

        >> So, what I would really like is... well, to be able to choose
        >> if Notetab counts/numbers/searches lines "as displayed" on
        >> screen
        >
        >Ha! I've asked for this for10 years - at least. I'm sure it's on
        >the special don't-fix-this-because-Lotta-wants-it list. ;-)

        LOL - But, I know what you mean. At times, I feel like I don't
        get some commands/functions I request that Eric doesn't do it
        because he doesn't want people to think he has favorites. <g>
        And, I surely don't want to be called the "teacher's pet." <g>

        >Jokes aside, I guess the clippo stuff complicates it maybe. Then
        >again, I don't see why clips need to count wrapped lines either.
        >I probably miss something.

        My guess would be that it would slow down NoteTab too much and,
        probably a lot more difficult to program than we non-programmers
        think. Eric's known about it you full 10+ years too Lotta, oh, so
        it's your fault that we don't have it! Well, at least we know why
        and can say, "It's Lotta's fault!" <g>

        I'll hopefully get an answer about it tomorrow and will let you
        know what Eric's plans are in reference to the line numbering. I
        have a pretty nice Library called nnnLines, but I just noticed a
        tiny bug in it. Will upload later. Here's some general info about
        it...

        The only way you can print line numbers is by adding/inserting
        the line numbers to the document. So, you would want to make a
        copy first, place your cursor on line one or where you want to
        start the numbering at, and then click on Modify | Lines | Number
        lines...

        You can also look over my nnnLines Library. There are a number of
        ways to add line numbers some of them have many options and yet
        one you might like automatically makes a new document, numbers
        the lines, and then prints all with one click. You can add as
        many of the Clips to your default Clipbar when using a registered
        version of NoteTab.

        About halfway down in the attached Library there is a Clip called
        "Remove Numbers..." If there is no period, colon, etc. after the
        numbers just type in the amount of spaces, literally, use the
        Spacebar. You may have to use the Replace dialog to remove any
        leading spaces that may have been used for padding your numbers
        or any other stuff that the Clip does not do. It will remove all
        of like "239 " "66. " "777. " without the quotes though. If there
        are different separators following the numbers, you will need to
        run the Clip for as many times as there are different separators.

        The Library gets extracted to NoteTab's Libraries folder.
        nnnLines download link:
        http://www.notetab.net/zip/nnnlines.zip

        http://www.notetab.net
        http://www.fookes.us/aid4mail