Missing Icon >view other browser

  • Ed
    Message 1 of 7 , May 11, 2006
      The view other browser Icon is missing after removing NoteTab.ini and I have
      filled in the addresses of view browser and view other browser. How do I
      get my Icon back again along with several other missing Icons? I know I
      could do a system restore but I do not want to do that. I have some other
      things in place that that will be missing. Apps and programs. I would have
      to reinstall these. I really do not want to do that.
      Ed

      The whole world doth err save you and me, and even thou doest err some!
      -- Unknown
      Message 2 of 7 , May 11, 2006
        Hi Ed,

        >The view other browser Icon is missing after removing NoteTab.ini
        >and I have filled in the addresses of view browser and view other
        >browser. How do I get my Icon back again along with several
        >other missing Icons? I know I could do a system restore but I do
        >not want to do that. I have some other things in place that that
        >will be missing. Apps and programs. I would have to reinstall
        >these. I really do not want to do that.

        Given that you are in NoteTab Pro and your executable program
        icon is named NotePro.exe, then your INI file will be named the
        same, except have the INI extension: NotePro.ini. I only mention
        that because in your other message you called it NoteTab Pro.ini
        In order to be using one called that, the executable would have
        to be: NoteTab Pro.exe. NoteTab makes INI files by the name of
        the program file. If that is all OK, then I suspect that you have
        the setting called "Wrap Toolbar" unchecked and that the missing
        icons are out to the right so to speak out of your viewing range.
        Check that box under the Toolbar tab in Options and it may fix it
        for you. The type of ToolBar prevents using arrows to scroll.

        Happy Tab'n,
        Jody Adair

      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 7 , May 11, 2006
          Ed wrote:
          > The view other browser Icon is missing after removing NoteTab.ini and
          I have
          > filled in the addresses of view browser and view other browser. How
          do I
          > get my Icon back again along with several other missing Icons? I know I
          > could do a system restore but I do not want to do that. I have some
          other
          > things in place that that will be missing. Apps and programs. I would
          have
          > to reinstall these. I really do not want to do that.
          > Ed

          Ed,

          I warned you would lose all the many settings you had made. To get both
          browser icons back you have to go to View > Options > Toolbar. Go down
          the list and make sure 'View in Browser' and 'View other Browser' are
          checked, that will make both icons appear in the toolbar. You can
          change their location in the toolbar from the 'Toolbar' dialog also.

          ºvº
          06.05.11_17.25
          "Did the aliens forget to remove your anal probe?"
          hrs ø hsavage@...
        • Ed
          Message 4 of 7 , May 11, 2006
            I know you warned me, that is I kept oldNoteTab.ini. But I did not realize how many icons would disappear, so I went back and did a system restore and now it looks like it should and works OK. Well, almost, I still have the problem with Firefox which you are well acquainted with that bug. I thought I might be able to slip it in and get it to run. Everyone else says that if you are on the internet with Firefox it will work. But for me it does not. Oh! Well! I will just post them on a test page on the internet and see what they look like in Firefox.
            Thanks
            Ed
            > The view other browser Icon is missing after removing NoteTab.ini and
            I have
            > filled in the addresses of view browser and view other browser. How
            do I
            > get my Icon back again along with several other missing Icons? I know I
            > could do a system restore but I do not want to do that. I have some
            other
            > things in place that that will be missing. Apps and programs. I would
            have
            > to reinstall these. I really do not want to do that.
            > Ed

            Ed,

            I warned you would lose all the many settings you had made. To get both
            browser icons back you have to go to View > Options > Toolbar. Go down
            the list and make sure 'View in Browser' and 'View other Browser' are
            checked, that will make both icons appear in the toolbar. You can
            change their location in the toolbar from the 'Toolbar' dialog also.

            ºvº
            06.05.11_17.25
            "Did the aliens forget to remove your anal probe?"
            hrs ø hsavage@...

            CSE HTML Validator Lite - it's free: http://home.earthlink.net/~5wink/dl/cselite652.exe

          • dave
            Message 5 of 7 , May 13, 2006
              Hi ed
              go to view options toolbar and tick the box other browser
              THANKYOU DAVE M

              Message 6 of 7 , May 13, 2006
                Hi Ed,

                >I know you warned me, that is I kept oldNoteTab.ini. But I did
                >not realize how many icons would disappear, so I went back and
                >did a system restore and now it looks like it should and works
                >OK. Well, almost, I still have the problem with Firefox which
                >you are well acquainted with that bug. I thought I might be able
                >to slip it in and get it to run. Everyone else says that if you
                >are on the internet with Firefox it will work. But for me it does
                >not. Oh! Well! I will just post them on a test page on the
                >internet and see what they look like in Firefox.

                I took the long shot in my reply (to see if you had Wrap Icons
                checked), because I figured you knew to go to the Toolbar tab in
                Options to check the icons on the Toolbar you wanted. Oops. <g>
                We are currently working in trying to get Firefox to work right.
                Eric says the bug is in Firefox and fixed it in the beta we are
                testing, but it broke the others. He shouldn't have a problem,
                hopefully, getting them all to behave correctly though.

                I suggest that you don't spend anymore time with trying to get
                Firefox to work in either of the browser locations. Instead, I
                would use Custom Launch (under the Tools tab in Options) and the
                Launch Document Toolbar icon. The following is an example of what
                to put in the Custom Launch field:

                E:\Browsers\FireFox\firefox.exe ^**

                The ^** says to open Firefox with the focused file's temporary
                file if the file is in the need of being saved, but will default
                to the saved file on disk if it is already in the saved state.

                http://www.notetab.net
                http://www.fookes.us/aid4mail
                Fookes Software Yahoogroups:
                http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
              • Marcelo de Castro Bastos
                Message 7 of 7 , May 13, 2006
                  On the last exciting episode, aired on 13/5/2006 21:17, Jody invited the
                  wrath of the gods by saying:
                  > Hi Ed,
                  >

                  >> I know you warned me, that is I kept oldNoteTab.ini. But I did
                  >> not realize how many icons would disappear, so I went back and
                  >> did a system restore and now it looks like it should and works
                  >> OK. Well, almost, I still have the problem with Firefox which
                  >> you are well acquainted with that bug. I thought I might be able
                  >> to slip it in and get it to run. Everyone else says that if you
                  >> are on the internet with Firefox it will work. But for me it does
                  >> not. Oh! Well! I will just post them on a test page on the
                  >> internet and see what they look like in Firefox.
                  >>

                  > I took the long shot in my reply (to see if you had Wrap Icons
                  > checked), because I figured you knew to go to the Toolbar tab in
                  > Options to check the icons on the Toolbar you wanted. Oops. <g>
                  > We are currently working in trying to get Firefox to work right.
                  > Eric says the bug is in Firefox and fixed it in the beta we are
                  > testing, but it broke the others. He shouldn't have a problem,
                  > hopefully, getting them all to behave correctly though.
                  >
                  > I suggest that you don't spend anymore time with trying to get
                  > Firefox to work in either of the browser locations. Instead, I
                  > would use Custom Launch (under the Tools tab in Options) and the
                  > Launch Document Toolbar icon. The following is an example of what
                  > to put in the Custom Launch field:
                  >
                  > E:\Browsers\FireFox\firefox.exe ^**
                  >
                  > The ^** says to open Firefox with the focused file's temporary
                  > file if the file is in the need of being saved, but will default
                  > to the saved file on disk if it is already in the saved state.

                  Nice trick. I only modified it slightly -- put the program path and the
                  ^** between quotes, like this:

                  "C:\Program Files\Opera\Opera.exe" "^**"

                  in order to avoid problems with spaces. An extra benefit is that now I have buttons for the three major Windows browsers: IE, Mozilla and Opera.

                  Marcelo