Re: [NH] Display question ... ?

  • Red Leader
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 28, 2000
      Bill Scott wrote:
      ... it looks good on my laptop too with 600x800 anyway ...

      I run 600x800 also and it runs off the screen. With Internet Explorer
      there is a horizontal scroll bar, with Netscape it just chops off the
      text that won't fit on the screen. I've never seen that before, it
      shouldn't do that. BTW, I get a broken link for the picture at the top
      of the page, I don't know about everyone else.

      ---
      Emmett Hawkins
    • Janet F.
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 28, 2000
        Hi Bill,

        I checked it out on my 19 inch monitor at 800 x 600 rez. It was fine. The
        "Puppy or Puppies links border collie" link/image is blank with a red x
        icon. And, your HOME link is shifted to the left. Other than that, it
        seems to be working fine. No horizontal scroll bar.

        Janet

        > Thanks Gary... Thanks Emmett ...
        > I will try percentage .... I thought resolution was the problem
        > myself
        > but he was saying he had small font selected ... it looks good on
        > my
        > laptop too with 600x800 anyway ...
        >

        > Bill
      • Bill Scott
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 28, 2000
          Hi All:

          Thanks for the help ...

          the red dot is intentional and the blank picture is waiting for
          graphics to be finished I had one in there but thought it looked
          cleaner without until the one that goes there is finished .... I
          just changed my pages and had tidy clean up the code maybe you
          could look at it now Emmett

          Thanks

          Bill Scott

          Prov. 27:17
        • Red Leader
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 28, 2000
            Bill Scott wrote:

            > the red dot is intentional and the blank picture is waiting for
            > graphics to be finished I had one in there but thought it looked
            > cleaner without until the one that goes there is finished .... I
            > just changed my pages and had tidy clean up the code maybe you
            > could look at it now Emmett

            Looks good to me now, like I think you meant it to look. The code looks
            better too.

            I found a decent, though pretty basic CSS tutorial at
            http://www.quadzilla.com/stylesheets/stylesheets.htm
            It also has a links section to a lot more info.

            I started working with CSS some recently and it's not that hard. The
            worst thing is making sure you use elements that both IE and Netscape
            will interpret correctly.

            ---
            Emmett Hawkins
          • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 28, 2000
              28/06/00 22:40:33

              Yes the picture does not come through, and also the text as well as the dots could be
              links through to wherever they go.

              Adrian Worsfold

              web: http://www.pluralist.co.uk
              email: adrian@...
            • Bob Books
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 20, 2000
                unsubscribe
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 20, 2000
                  Hi Bob,

                  >unsubscribe

                  Try clicking on the unsubscribe link below and send. Thanks.

                  http://www.sureword.com/notetab

                  The NoteTab and Html List...
                  mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
                • Bob Books
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 20, 2000
                    OK, don't forget.... I had offered and am ready to buy lunch when you are ready!

                    Bob