Re: [NH] Note Tab pro-Firefox

  • Ed
    Message 1 of 10 , May 9, 2006
      I am trying Marcelo's change to the ini file. I had something in there that worked for a while then it no longer worked when Firefox updated. I gave up on it. This time I made the changes as suggested and it worked twice then quite. A couple of times it worked if I double or tripled click on it very fast. Now that does not work either. I tried with Firefox online but that did not help either. I just bring up a blank page and another tab called ProgramFiles.com - Your free downlo... and when I click on it, that is the website that opens up. I just put Opera in place of Firefox and it works good, trouble is it is so similar to IE that the page looks good when it does not look good in Firefox. I wonder where is the ProgramFiles.com coming from. Must be somewhere on my computer. I will search and see if I can find it. Thanks
      Ed
      Message 2 of 10 , May 9, 2006
        Still does not work. Not sure that I got it in the right Place. Strange that i have 2 Note Tab.ini 's but I do. If I make Opera my first or second choice it works great. But as I said just like IE, nearly always shows a good page and Firefox shows a terrible page.
        > Under view/options have set "other browser" to Mozilla Firefox, however
        > I only get a blank page.
        > Help
        This is a longstanding issue. What I get when Firefox is closed is one
        blank tab and a tab on the NoteTab.com page. When Firefox is already
        open, I get the page displayed as desired.

        You may also need to adjust the browsers.dat file in the NoteTab
        directory as suggested by Marcelo

        Larry Hamilton
        Kairos Computer Solutions
        http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
        Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus

        CSE HTML Validator Lite - it's free: http://home.earthlink.net/~5wink/dl/cselite652.exe

      • dave
        Message 3 of 10 , May 10, 2006
          Hi Ed
          I have used IE6 and IE7 like them both ,both work really well in options
          under main browser I have got "ie" nothing in the second browser and in
          browser.dat I have got
          [ie]
          Command=iexplore.exe -nohome
          UseDDE=1
          Application=IExplore
          DdeCommand=
          DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
          Topic=WWW_OpenURL
          Application_New=
          DdeExec_New=
          Topic_New=

          I like 7 if open 5 new pages in notetab std I get 5 tabs open very handy.
          THANKYOU DAVE M

          > Still does not work. Not sure that I got it in the right Place. Strange
          > that i have 2 Note Tab.ini 's but I do. If I make Opera my first or second
          > choice it works great. But as I said just like IE, nearly always shows a
          > good page and Firefox shows a terrible page.

          • hsavage
            Message 5 of 10 , May 10, 2006
              Ed wrote:
              > Next question, what happens if i delete NoteTab.ini??
              > From: dave

              If deleted NoteTab will rebuild it on the next startup, less any special
              settings or options you may have set or selected.

              It's as if you made a new install of NoteTab. To properly delete the
              file NoteTab need be completely closed/shutdown.

              ºvº
              06.05.10_10.50
              -Newspaper HeadLine...
              "Deaf College Opens Doors to Hearing"