Re: [NH] Note Tab pro-Firefox

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 10 , May 9, 2006
      Thank you Bert for your input. It's the first time I have participated
      in a forum and I must say thanks your suggestions

      dan

      Bert Byfield wrote:
      > > Under view/options have set "other browser" to Mozilla Firefox,
      > > however I only get a blank page.
      >
      > I can't get Firefox to launch my files either, but I just have the html
      > etc files set up as Favorites in Firefox and open them separately.
      > Firefox will page around just like it works online. Then you just hop
      > from the Notetab window to the Firefox window and hit REFRESH (the
      > recycle arrows) and see your new page.

    • Larry Hamilton
      Message 2 of 10 , May 9, 2006
        boots_0324 wrote:
        > Under view/options have set "other browser" to Mozilla Firefox, however
        > I only get a blank page.
        > Help
        This is a longstanding issue. What I get when Firefox is closed is one
        blank tab and a tab on the NoteTab.com page. When Firefox is already
        open, I get the page displayed as desired.

        You may also need to adjust the browsers.dat file in the NoteTab
        directory as suggested by Marcelo

        Larry Hamilton
        Kairos Computer Solutions
        http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
        Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus
      • Ed
        Message 3 of 10 , May 9, 2006
          I am trying Marcelo's change to the ini file. I had something in there that worked for a while then it no longer worked when Firefox updated. I gave up on it. This time I made the changes as suggested and it worked twice then quite. A couple of times it worked if I double or tripled click on it very fast. Now that does not work either. I tried with Firefox online but that did not help either. I just bring up a blank page and another tab called ProgramFiles.com - Your free downlo... and when I click on it, that is the website that opens up. I just put Opera in place of Firefox and it works good, trouble is it is so similar to IE that the page looks good when it does not look good in Firefox. I wonder where is the ProgramFiles.com coming from. Must be somewhere on my computer. I will search and see if I can find it. Thanks
          Ed
          > Under view/options have set "other browser" to Mozilla Firefox, however
          > I only get a blank page.
          > Help
          This is a longstanding issue. What I get when Firefox is closed is one
          blank tab and a tab on the NoteTab.com page. When Firefox is already
          open, I get the page displayed as desired.

          You may also need to adjust the browsers.dat file in the NoteTab
          directory as suggested by Marcelo

          Larry Hamilton
          Kairos Computer Solutions
          http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
          Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus

          CSE HTML Validator Lite - it's free: http://home.earthlink.net/~5wink/dl/cselite652.exe

        • Ed
          Message 4 of 10 , May 9, 2006
            Still does not work. Not sure that I got it in the right Place. Strange that i have 2 Note Tab.ini 's but I do. If I make Opera my first or second choice it works great. But as I said just like IE, nearly always shows a good page and Firefox shows a terrible page.
            > Under view/options have set "other browser" to Mozilla Firefox, however
            > I only get a blank page.
            > Help
            This is a longstanding issue. What I get when Firefox is closed is one
            blank tab and a tab on the NoteTab.com page. When Firefox is already
            open, I get the page displayed as desired.

            You may also need to adjust the browsers.dat file in the NoteTab
            directory as suggested by Marcelo

            Larry Hamilton
            Kairos Computer Solutions
            http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
            Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus

            CSE HTML Validator Lite - it's free: http://home.earthlink.net/~5wink/dl/cselite652.exe

          • dave
            Message 5 of 10 , May 10, 2006
              Hi Ed
              I have used IE6 and IE7 like them both ,both work really well in options
              under main browser I have got "ie" nothing in the second browser and in
              browser.dat I have got
              [ie]
              Command=iexplore.exe -nohome
              UseDDE=1
              Application=IExplore
              DdeCommand=
              DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
              Topic=WWW_OpenURL
              Application_New=
              DdeExec_New=
              Topic_New=

              I like 7 if open 5 new pages in notetab std I get 5 tabs open very handy.
              THANKYOU DAVE M

              > Still does not work. Not sure that I got it in the right Place. Strange
              > that i have 2 Note Tab.ini 's but I do. If I make Opera my first or second
              > choice it works great. But as I said just like IE, nearly always shows a
              > good page and Firefox shows a terrible page.

              • hsavage
                Message 7 of 10 , May 10, 2006
                  Ed wrote:
                  > Next question, what happens if i delete NoteTab.ini??
                  > From: dave

                  If deleted NoteTab will rebuild it on the next startup, less any special
                  settings or options you may have set or selected.

                  It's as if you made a new install of NoteTab. To properly delete the
                  file NoteTab need be completely closed/shutdown.

                  ºvº
                  06.05.10_10.50
                  -Newspaper HeadLine...
                  "Deaf College Opens Doors to Hearing"