Re: [NH] Note Tab pro-Firefox

  • Marcelo de Castro Bastos
    Message 1 of 10 , May 8, 2006
      On the last exciting episode, aired on 8/5/2006 19:10, boots_0324
      invited the wrath of the gods by saying:
      > Under view/options have set "other browser" to Mozilla Firefox, however
      > I only get a blank page.

      This is a known problem, apparently a bug in the Mozilla family of
      browsers. In my experience, it works... IF Firefox is ALREADY running
      when you click "see in other browser."

      In Mozilla Application Suite/Seamonkey, it works also if you turned on
      the option to "Keep Mozilla in memory to improve startup performance."

      Check also your browsers.dat file (in the Notetab folder) . It might be
      necessary to add an entry similar to this:

      [Firefox]
      Command="C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\Firefox.exe -url"
      UseDDE=1
      Application=Firefox
      Topic=System

      Then, instead of choosing the program file in the view/options/Internet
      dialog, just write "Firefox" in the "other browser" field.

      Some people also reported that it works OK if Firefox is your default
      browser. But your mileage may vary.

      MCBastos
    • Dan
      Message 2 of 10 , May 9, 2006
        Thank you Bert for your input. It's the first time I have participated
        in a forum and I must say thanks your suggestions

        dan

        Bert Byfield wrote:
        > > Under view/options have set "other browser" to Mozilla Firefox,
        > > however I only get a blank page.
        >
        > I can't get Firefox to launch my files either, but I just have the html
        > etc files set up as Favorites in Firefox and open them separately.
        > Firefox will page around just like it works online. Then you just hop
        > from the Notetab window to the Firefox window and hit REFRESH (the
        > recycle arrows) and see your new page.

      • Larry Hamilton
        Message 3 of 10 , May 9, 2006
          boots_0324 wrote:
          > Under view/options have set "other browser" to Mozilla Firefox, however
          > I only get a blank page.
          > Help
          This is a longstanding issue. What I get when Firefox is closed is one
          blank tab and a tab on the NoteTab.com page. When Firefox is already
          open, I get the page displayed as desired.

          You may also need to adjust the browsers.dat file in the NoteTab
          directory as suggested by Marcelo

          Larry Hamilton
          Kairos Computer Solutions
          http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
          Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus
        • Ed
          Message 4 of 10 , May 9, 2006
            I am trying Marcelo's change to the ini file. I had something in there that worked for a while then it no longer worked when Firefox updated. I gave up on it. This time I made the changes as suggested and it worked twice then quite. A couple of times it worked if I double or tripled click on it very fast. Now that does not work either. I tried with Firefox online but that did not help either. I just bring up a blank page and another tab called ProgramFiles.com - Your free downlo... and when I click on it, that is the website that opens up. I just put Opera in place of Firefox and it works good, trouble is it is so similar to IE that the page looks good when it does not look good in Firefox. I wonder where is the ProgramFiles.com coming from. Must be somewhere on my computer. I will search and see if I can find it. Thanks
            Ed
            > Under view/options have set "other browser" to Mozilla Firefox, however
            > I only get a blank page.
            > Help
            This is a longstanding issue. What I get when Firefox is closed is one
            blank tab and a tab on the NoteTab.com page. When Firefox is already
            open, I get the page displayed as desired.

            You may also need to adjust the browsers.dat file in the NoteTab
            directory as suggested by Marcelo

            Larry Hamilton
            Kairos Computer Solutions
            http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
            Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus

            CSE HTML Validator Lite - it's free: http://home.earthlink.net/~5wink/dl/cselite652.exe

          • Ed
            Message 5 of 10 , May 9, 2006
              Still does not work. Not sure that I got it in the right Place. Strange that i have 2 Note Tab.ini 's but I do. If I make Opera my first or second choice it works great. But as I said just like IE, nearly always shows a good page and Firefox shows a terrible page.
              > Under view/options have set "other browser" to Mozilla Firefox, however
              > I only get a blank page.
              > Help
              This is a longstanding issue. What I get when Firefox is closed is one
              blank tab and a tab on the NoteTab.com page. When Firefox is already
              open, I get the page displayed as desired.

              You may also need to adjust the browsers.dat file in the NoteTab
              directory as suggested by Marcelo

              Larry Hamilton
              Kairos Computer Solutions
              http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
              Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus

              CSE HTML Validator Lite - it's free: http://home.earthlink.net/~5wink/dl/cselite652.exe

            • dave
              Message 6 of 10 , May 10, 2006
                Hi Ed
                I have used IE6 and IE7 like them both ,both work really well in options
                under main browser I have got "ie" nothing in the second browser and in
                browser.dat I have got
                [ie]
                Command=iexplore.exe -nohome
                UseDDE=1
                Application=IExplore
                DdeCommand=
                DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
                Topic=WWW_OpenURL
                Application_New=
                DdeExec_New=
                Topic_New=

                I like 7 if open 5 new pages in notetab std I get 5 tabs open very handy.
                THANKYOU DAVE M

                > Still does not work. Not sure that I got it in the right Place. Strange
                > that i have 2 Note Tab.ini 's but I do. If I make Opera my first or second
                > choice it works great. But as I said just like IE, nearly always shows a
                > good page and Firefox shows a terrible page.

                • hsavage
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 10, 2006
                    Ed wrote:
                    > Next question, what happens if i delete NoteTab.ini??
                    > From: dave

                    If deleted NoteTab will rebuild it on the next startup, less any special
                    settings or options you may have set or selected.

                    It's as if you made a new install of NoteTab. To properly delete the
                    file NoteTab need be completely closed/shutdown.

                    ºvº
                    06.05.10_10.50
                    -Newspaper HeadLine...
                    "Deaf College Opens Doors to Hearing"