Re: [NH] Note Tab pro-Firefox

  • Bert Byfield
    Message 1 of 10 , May 8, 2006
      > Under view/options have set "other browser" to Mozilla Firefox,
      > however I only get a blank page.

      I can't get Firefox to launch my files either, but I just have the html
      etc files set up as Favorites in Firefox and open them separately.
      Firefox will page around just like it works online. Then you just hop
      from the Notetab window to the Firefox window and hit REFRESH (the
      recycle arrows) and see your new page.
    • Marcelo de Castro Bastos
      Message 2 of 10 , May 8, 2006
        On the last exciting episode, aired on 8/5/2006 19:10, boots_0324
        invited the wrath of the gods by saying:
        > Under view/options have set "other browser" to Mozilla Firefox, however
        > I only get a blank page.

        This is a known problem, apparently a bug in the Mozilla family of
        browsers. In my experience, it works... IF Firefox is ALREADY running
        when you click "see in other browser."

        In Mozilla Application Suite/Seamonkey, it works also if you turned on
        the option to "Keep Mozilla in memory to improve startup performance."

        Check also your browsers.dat file (in the Notetab folder) . It might be
        necessary to add an entry similar to this:

        [Firefox]
        Command="C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\Firefox.exe -url"
        UseDDE=1
        Application=Firefox
        Topic=System

        Then, instead of choosing the program file in the view/options/Internet
        dialog, just write "Firefox" in the "other browser" field.

        Some people also reported that it works OK if Firefox is your default
        browser. But your mileage may vary.

        MCBastos
      • Dan
        Message 3 of 10 , May 9, 2006
          Thank you Bert for your input. It's the first time I have participated
          in a forum and I must say thanks your suggestions

          dan

          Bert Byfield wrote:
          > > Under view/options have set "other browser" to Mozilla Firefox,
          > > however I only get a blank page.
          >
          > I can't get Firefox to launch my files either, but I just have the html
          > etc files set up as Favorites in Firefox and open them separately.
          > Firefox will page around just like it works online. Then you just hop
          > from the Notetab window to the Firefox window and hit REFRESH (the
          > recycle arrows) and see your new page.

        • Larry Hamilton
          Message 4 of 10 , May 9, 2006
            boots_0324 wrote:
            > Under view/options have set "other browser" to Mozilla Firefox, however
            > I only get a blank page.
            > Help
            This is a longstanding issue. What I get when Firefox is closed is one
            blank tab and a tab on the NoteTab.com page. When Firefox is already
            open, I get the page displayed as desired.

            You may also need to adjust the browsers.dat file in the NoteTab
            directory as suggested by Marcelo

            Larry Hamilton
            Kairos Computer Solutions
            http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
            Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus
          • Ed
            Message 5 of 10 , May 9, 2006
              I am trying Marcelo's change to the ini file. I had something in there that worked for a while then it no longer worked when Firefox updated. I gave up on it. This time I made the changes as suggested and it worked twice then quite. A couple of times it worked if I double or tripled click on it very fast. Now that does not work either. I tried with Firefox online but that did not help either. I just bring up a blank page and another tab called ProgramFiles.com - Your free downlo... and when I click on it, that is the website that opens up. I just put Opera in place of Firefox and it works good, trouble is it is so similar to IE that the page looks good when it does not look good in Firefox. I wonder where is the ProgramFiles.com coming from. Must be somewhere on my computer. I will search and see if I can find it. Thanks
              Ed
              > Under view/options have set "other browser" to Mozilla Firefox, however
              > I only get a blank page.
              > Help
              This is a longstanding issue. What I get when Firefox is closed is one
              blank tab and a tab on the NoteTab.com page. When Firefox is already
              open, I get the page displayed as desired.

              You may also need to adjust the browsers.dat file in the NoteTab
              directory as suggested by Marcelo

              Larry Hamilton
              Kairos Computer Solutions
              http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
              Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus

              CSE HTML Validator Lite - it's free: http://home.earthlink.net/~5wink/dl/cselite652.exe

            • Ed
              Message 6 of 10 , May 9, 2006
                Still does not work. Not sure that I got it in the right Place. Strange that i have 2 Note Tab.ini 's but I do. If I make Opera my first or second choice it works great. But as I said just like IE, nearly always shows a good page and Firefox shows a terrible page.
                > Under view/options have set "other browser" to Mozilla Firefox, however
                > I only get a blank page.
                > Help
                This is a longstanding issue. What I get when Firefox is closed is one
                blank tab and a tab on the NoteTab.com page. When Firefox is already
                open, I get the page displayed as desired.

                You may also need to adjust the browsers.dat file in the NoteTab
                directory as suggested by Marcelo

                Larry Hamilton
                Kairos Computer Solutions
                http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
                Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus

                CSE HTML Validator Lite - it's free: http://home.earthlink.net/~5wink/dl/cselite652.exe

              • dave
                Message 7 of 10 , May 10, 2006
                  Hi Ed
                  I have used IE6 and IE7 like them both ,both work really well in options
                  under main browser I have got "ie" nothing in the second browser and in
                  browser.dat I have got
                  [ie]
                  Command=iexplore.exe -nohome
                  UseDDE=1
                  Application=IExplore
                  DdeCommand=
                  DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
                  Topic=WWW_OpenURL
                  Application_New=
                  DdeExec_New=
                  Topic_New=

                  I like 7 if open 5 new pages in notetab std I get 5 tabs open very handy.
                  THANKYOU DAVE M

                  > Still does not work. Not sure that I got it in the right Place. Strange
                  > that i have 2 Note Tab.ini 's but I do. If I make Opera my first or second
                  > choice it works great. But as I said just like IE, nearly always shows a
                  > good page and Firefox shows a terrible page.

                  • hsavage
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 10, 2006
                      Ed wrote:
                      > Next question, what happens if i delete NoteTab.ini??
                      > From: dave

                      If deleted NoteTab will rebuild it on the next startup, less any special
                      settings or options you may have set or selected.

                      It's as if you made a new install of NoteTab. To properly delete the
                      file NoteTab need be completely closed/shutdown.

                      ºvº
                      06.05.10_10.50
                      -Newspaper HeadLine...
                      "Deaf College Opens Doors to Hearing"