Re: [NH] Display question ... ?

  • Bill Scott
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 28, 2000
      Thanks Gary... Thanks Emmett ...
      I will try percentage .... I thought resolution was the problem
      myself
      but he was saying he had small font selected ... it looks good on
      my
      laptop too with 600x800 anyway ...

      Bill
      Rom 8:1
    • Red Leader
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 28, 2000
        Bill Scott wrote:
        ... it looks good on my laptop too with 600x800 anyway ...

        I run 600x800 also and it runs off the screen. With Internet Explorer
        there is a horizontal scroll bar, with Netscape it just chops off the
        text that won't fit on the screen. I've never seen that before, it
        shouldn't do that. BTW, I get a broken link for the picture at the top
        of the page, I don't know about everyone else.

        ---
        Emmett Hawkins
      • Janet F.
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 28, 2000
          Hi Bill,

          I checked it out on my 19 inch monitor at 800 x 600 rez. It was fine. The
          "Puppy or Puppies links border collie" link/image is blank with a red x
          icon. And, your HOME link is shifted to the left. Other than that, it
          seems to be working fine. No horizontal scroll bar.

          Janet

          > Thanks Gary... Thanks Emmett ...
          > I will try percentage .... I thought resolution was the problem
          > myself
          > but he was saying he had small font selected ... it looks good on
          > my
          > laptop too with 600x800 anyway ...
          >

          > Bill
        • Bill Scott
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 28, 2000
            Hi All:

            Thanks for the help ...

            the red dot is intentional and the blank picture is waiting for
            graphics to be finished I had one in there but thought it looked
            cleaner without until the one that goes there is finished .... I
            just changed my pages and had tidy clean up the code maybe you
            could look at it now Emmett

            Thanks

            Bill Scott

            Prov. 27:17
          • Red Leader
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 28, 2000
              Bill Scott wrote:

              > the red dot is intentional and the blank picture is waiting for
              > graphics to be finished I had one in there but thought it looked
              > cleaner without until the one that goes there is finished .... I
              > just changed my pages and had tidy clean up the code maybe you
              > could look at it now Emmett

              Looks good to me now, like I think you meant it to look. The code looks
              better too.

              I found a decent, though pretty basic CSS tutorial at
              http://www.quadzilla.com/stylesheets/stylesheets.htm
              It also has a links section to a lot more info.

              I started working with CSS some recently and it's not that hard. The
              worst thing is making sure you use elements that both IE and Netscape
              will interpret correctly.

              ---
              Emmett Hawkins
            • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 28, 2000
                28/06/00 22:40:33

                Yes the picture does not come through, and also the text as well as the dots could be
                links through to wherever they go.

                Adrian Worsfold

                web: http://www.pluralist.co.uk
                email: adrian@...
              • Bob Books
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 20 12:34 PM
                  unsubscribe
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 20 1:51 PM
                    Hi Bob,

                    >unsubscribe

                    Try clicking on the unsubscribe link below and send. Thanks.

                    http://www.sureword.com/notetab

                    The NoteTab and Html List...
                    mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
                  • Bob Books
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 20 3:58 PM
                      OK, don't forget.... I had offered and am ready to buy lunch when you are ready!

                      Bob