Note Tab pro-Firefox

  • boots_0324
    Message 1 of 10 , May 8 3:10 PM
      Under view/options have set "other browser" to Mozilla Firefox, however
      I only get a blank page.
      Help
    • Bert Byfield
      Message 2 of 10 , May 8 5:40 PM
        > Under view/options have set "other browser" to Mozilla Firefox,
        > however I only get a blank page.

        I can't get Firefox to launch my files either, but I just have the html
        etc files set up as Favorites in Firefox and open them separately.
        Firefox will page around just like it works online. Then you just hop
        from the Notetab window to the Firefox window and hit REFRESH (the
        recycle arrows) and see your new page.
      • Marcelo de Castro Bastos
        Message 3 of 10 , May 8 5:54 PM
          On the last exciting episode, aired on 8/5/2006 19:10, boots_0324
          invited the wrath of the gods by saying:
          > Under view/options have set "other browser" to Mozilla Firefox, however
          > I only get a blank page.

          This is a known problem, apparently a bug in the Mozilla family of
          browsers. In my experience, it works... IF Firefox is ALREADY running
          when you click "see in other browser."

          In Mozilla Application Suite/Seamonkey, it works also if you turned on
          the option to "Keep Mozilla in memory to improve startup performance."

          Check also your browsers.dat file (in the Notetab folder) . It might be
          necessary to add an entry similar to this:

          [Firefox]
          Command="C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\Firefox.exe -url"
          UseDDE=1
          Application=Firefox
          Topic=System

          Then, instead of choosing the program file in the view/options/Internet
          dialog, just write "Firefox" in the "other browser" field.

          Some people also reported that it works OK if Firefox is your default
          browser. But your mileage may vary.

          MCBastos
        • Dan
          Message 4 of 10 , May 9 12:06 PM
            Thank you Bert for your input. It's the first time I have participated
            in a forum and I must say thanks your suggestions

            dan

            Bert Byfield wrote:
            > > Under view/options have set "other browser" to Mozilla Firefox,
            > > however I only get a blank page.
            >
            > I can't get Firefox to launch my files either, but I just have the html
            > etc files set up as Favorites in Firefox and open them separately.
            > Firefox will page around just like it works online. Then you just hop
            > from the Notetab window to the Firefox window and hit REFRESH (the
            > recycle arrows) and see your new page.

          • Larry Hamilton
            Message 5 of 10 , May 9 6:23 PM
              boots_0324 wrote:
              > Under view/options have set "other browser" to Mozilla Firefox, however
              > I only get a blank page.
              > Help
              This is a longstanding issue. What I get when Firefox is closed is one
              blank tab and a tab on the NoteTab.com page. When Firefox is already
              open, I get the page displayed as desired.

              You may also need to adjust the browsers.dat file in the NoteTab
              directory as suggested by Marcelo

              Larry Hamilton
              Kairos Computer Solutions
              http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
              Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus
            • Ed
              Message 6 of 10 , May 9 8:32 PM
                I am trying Marcelo's change to the ini file. I had something in there that worked for a while then it no longer worked when Firefox updated. I gave up on it. This time I made the changes as suggested and it worked twice then quite. A couple of times it worked if I double or tripled click on it very fast. Now that does not work either. I tried with Firefox online but that did not help either. I just bring up a blank page and another tab called ProgramFiles.com - Your free downlo... and when I click on it, that is the website that opens up. I just put Opera in place of Firefox and it works good, trouble is it is so similar to IE that the page looks good when it does not look good in Firefox. I wonder where is the ProgramFiles.com coming from. Must be somewhere on my computer. I will search and see if I can find it. Thanks
                Ed
                > Under view/options have set "other browser" to Mozilla Firefox, however
                > I only get a blank page.
                > Help
                This is a longstanding issue. What I get when Firefox is closed is one
                blank tab and a tab on the NoteTab.com page. When Firefox is already
                open, I get the page displayed as desired.

                You may also need to adjust the browsers.dat file in the NoteTab
                directory as suggested by Marcelo

                Larry Hamilton
                Kairos Computer Solutions
                http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
                Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus

                CSE HTML Validator Lite - it's free: http://home.earthlink.net/~5wink/dl/cselite652.exe

              • Ed
                Message 7 of 10 , May 9 8:59 PM
                  Still does not work. Not sure that I got it in the right Place. Strange that i have 2 Note Tab.ini 's but I do. If I make Opera my first or second choice it works great. But as I said just like IE, nearly always shows a good page and Firefox shows a terrible page.
                  > Under view/options have set "other browser" to Mozilla Firefox, however
                  > I only get a blank page.
                  > Help
                  This is a longstanding issue. What I get when Firefox is closed is one
                  blank tab and a tab on the NoteTab.com page. When Firefox is already
                  open, I get the page displayed as desired.

                  You may also need to adjust the browsers.dat file in the NoteTab
                  directory as suggested by Marcelo

                  Larry Hamilton
                  Kairos Computer Solutions
                  http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
                  Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus

                  CSE HTML Validator Lite - it's free: http://home.earthlink.net/~5wink/dl/cselite652.exe

                • dave
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 10 6:15 AM
                    Hi Ed
                    I have used IE6 and IE7 like them both ,both work really well in options
                    under main browser I have got "ie" nothing in the second browser and in
                    browser.dat I have got
                    [ie]
                    Command=iexplore.exe -nohome
                    UseDDE=1
                    Application=IExplore
                    DdeCommand=
                    DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
                    Topic=WWW_OpenURL
                    Application_New=
                    DdeExec_New=
                    Topic_New=

                    I like 7 if open 5 new pages in notetab std I get 5 tabs open very handy.
                    THANKYOU DAVE M

                    > Still does not work. Not sure that I got it in the right Place. Strange
                    > that i have 2 Note Tab.ini 's but I do. If I make Opera my first or second
                    > choice it works great. But as I said just like IE, nearly always shows a
                    > good page and Firefox shows a terrible page.

                    • hsavage
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 10 9:03 AM
                        Ed wrote:
                        > Next question, what happens if i delete NoteTab.ini??
                        > From: dave

                        If deleted NoteTab will rebuild it on the next startup, less any special
                        settings or options you may have set or selected.

                        It's as if you made a new install of NoteTab. To properly delete the
                        file NoteTab need be completely closed/shutdown.

                        ºvº
                        06.05.10_10.50
                        -Newspaper HeadLine...
                        "Deaf College Opens Doors to Hearing"