Re: [NH] Re: input attributes Was:[NTB]

  • Kerry Coates
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 18 8:05 PM
      Marcelo,
      Yes, thank you! I used to have Tidy but when I changed computers I
      couldn't get it working again. I went through all sorts of e-mails trying
      to get the file back to where it should be but I could never get it to
      recognize the file. So I have been doing with out Tidy. Thank you for your
      answer. If I had Tidy I would try it this way.
      When I lost Tidy I wasn't overly concerned because I ran into problems
      with it like you say -- sometimes it would scramble my page!
      Then one day I decided it would be a good thing to have and tried to get
      it back and it was futile.

      Kerry Coates
      Visit all my websites!
      http://www.GilaMountainDulcimers.com
      http://www.Amazing-Health-Products.com
      http://www.GamblingStrategyCards.com
      http://www.CharroCoats.com
      http://www.PaulCoatesGuitar.com

      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 18 9:46 PM
        On the last exciting episode, aired on 19/4/2006 00:05, Kerry Coates
        invited the wrath of the gods by saying:
        > Marcelo,
        > Yes, thank you! I used to have Tidy but when I changed computers I
        > couldn't get it working again. I went through all sorts of e-mails trying
        > to get the file back to where it should be but I could never get it to
        > recognize the file. So I have been doing with out Tidy. Thank you for your
        > answer. If I had Tidy I would try it this way.
        > When I lost Tidy I wasn't overly concerned because I ran into problems
        > with it like you say -- sometimes it would scramble my page!
        > Then one day I decided it would be a good thing to have and tried to get
        > it back and it was futile.

        Tidy official page:
        http://tidy.sourceforge.net/
        Latest Windows build:
        http://dev.int64.org/tidy.html

        Usually it's enough to just place the tidy.exe file in the same folder
        as Notetab.

        You MAY, however, have to add a line to the [Options] section in the
        notetab.ini (or notepro.ini if you are using the Pro version) file in
        the format:

        TidyExe=C:\Program Files\Notetab Lite\tidy.exe

        You can't edit directly the notetab.ini file with Notetab itself, by the
        way. You can use a different editor, or save it with a different name
        and manually replace it; but the easiest way by far is just to save the
        altered file as !notetab.ini (yes, that's an exclamation mark in the
        beginning), close Notetab and reopen it. Notetab will find the changed
        file and replace the old one with it automatically.

        You may also wish to create/fiddle with the tidy.cfg file. It should be
        in the Notetab folder.

        Oh, another interesting option to be checked is Igor Podlubny's free
        offline validator. It's small, reasonably fast, integrates well with
        Notetab, and can be found here:
        http://www.tuke.sk/podlubny/

        **Marcelo
      • Kerry Coates
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 21 7:38 AM
          Thank you, Marcelo. No, it wasn't enough just to put the tidy.exe file in
          the same folder as NoteTab. I will try to add that line of code to the .ini
          file and see it it finds it. Thanks again!