Re: [NH] forcing cursor to the top

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 5, 2006
      Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:

      > When I switch between docs the cursor always moves to the bottom.
      > Is there anyway to force it to the top or to the position of the
      previously
      > viewed doc?
      >
      > I am having to delete line of menu code and it means going from doc
      to doc
      > and always having to scroll back up to get to where I wanna go.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > -Mike

      Mike,

      As near as I can tell NoteTab loads files from bottom to top. When
      loaded cursor is at line 1. The only way I know to place the cursor at
      the same line as the previous file would be using a clip to load each
      file. You could then direct the cursor to jump to the appropriate line
      after loading.

      Otherwise, the only way I can think to accomplish your task is to
      pre-load the necessary files, place the cursor on the appropriate line
      where it will remain when said file/s are refocused.

      ºvº
      06.04.05_14.24
      -Newspaper HeadLine...
      "British Left Waffles on Falkland Islands"
      hrs ø hsavage@...
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 5, 2006
        Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:

        > When I switch between docs the cursor always moves to the bottom.
        > Is there anyway to force it to the top or to the position of the
        previously
        > viewed doc?
        >
        > I am having to delete line of menu code and it means going from doc
        to doc
        > and always having to scroll back up to get to where I wanna go.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > -Mike

        Mike,

        This is an example 2 line clip to open successive files and to place the
        cursor at the same line as the previous file.

        If the saved row number is greater than the number of lines in the new
        file the cursor is placed on the last line.

        H="Open File To LineX"
        ^!Set %p_Line%=^$GetRow$
        ^!Open ^?{(T=O)Open Next File=^$GetPath(^**)$} /J=^%p_Line%

        ºvº
        06.04.05_16.48
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 6, 2006
          At 11:50 AM 4/6/2006 , rpdooling wrote:
          >I'm sure it's me, but I'm not understanding this one. When I move from
          >doc to doc, the cursor is where I left it (if I'm revisiting an open
          >doc), or if I'm opening or reopening a file, the cursor is at the top.
          >
          >rpd
          >--- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
          ><mike@...> wrote:>
          > > When I switch between docs the cursor always moves to the bottom.
          > > Is there anyway to force it to the top or to the position of the
          >previously
          > > viewed doc?
          > >
          > > I am having to delete line of menu code and it means going from doc
          >to doc
          > > and always having to scroll back up to get to where I wanna go.

          Nope, it's not just you, it's me too.
          I don't know what was going on, but yesterday every time I switched docs
          the scroll bar would be at the bottom of the page and I would have to
          scroll back up to where I need to be.

          Now it is behaving as you describe.

          ????

          Thanks,
          -Mike

        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 6, 2006
            Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
            > At 11:50 AM 4/6/2006 , rpdooling wrote:
            >> I'm sure it's me, but I'm not understanding this one.
            >> When I move from doc to doc, the cursor is where I
            >> left it (if I'm revisiting an open doc), or if
            >> I'm opening or reopening a file, the cursor is at the top.
            >>
            >> rpd

            >> <mike@...> wrote:>
            >>> When I switch between docs the cursor always moves to
            >>> the bottom. Is there anyway to force it to the top or to
            >>> the position of the previously viewed doc?
            >>>
            >>> I am having to delete line of menu code and it means
            >>> going from doc to doc and always having to scroll
            >>> back up to get to where I wanna go.
            >
            > Nope, it's not just you, it's me too.
            > I don't know what was going on, but yesterday every time I
            > switched docs the scroll bar would be at the bottom of
            > the page and I would have to scroll back up to where I need to be.
            >
            > Now it is behaving as you describe.
            >
            > ????
            >
            > Thanks,
            > -Mike

            Mike,

            If we're to pursue this, since it doesn't pertain to HTML, we need to
            move to the 'clips list' or, the 'off topic' list. I'll CC this to
            those lists.

            Did you consider the short clip I sent?

            ºvº
            06.04.06_11.19
            "Chaos, Panic, & Disorder - My work here is done."
            hrs ø hsavage@...
          • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 7, 2006
              At 05:55 PM 4/5/2006 , hsavage wrote:
              >Mike,
              >
              >This is an example 2 line clip to open successive files and to place the
              >cursor at the same line as the previous file.
              <snip>

              Thanks!

              -Mike