Re: [NH] USB Drive version of Notetab Light

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2006
      I have used NoteTab Pro on USB drive, Light will work the same way.

      The key is how the ini file is handled. If you want it to remember your
      last opened files, it is helpful if your USB drive is always assigned
      the same drive letter. If not, you could get creative and develop a clip
      to modify your ini file to match the new drive letter. Other than that,
      it should work just fine. I prefer to install NoteTab in a directory off
      the drive letter, such as c:\NoteTab, so that paths are shorter, etc. I
      just put the NoteTab directory at the top level of the USB drive. It
      works great when I need it.

      The best solution is that I use NoteTab so much, that I made work buy me
      a license for Pro. Since Light is free for all uses, you might be able
      to get them to approve it. If they see the use in it, you might be able
      to get them to go for $19.95 for a license to Pro.

      Larry Hamilton
      Kairos Computer Solutions
      http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
      Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus