Re: [NH] USB Drive version of Notetab Light

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 28 12:20 PM
      loro wrote:
      > ,gkluther@... wrote:
      >
      >>Does anyone know if there is a version of Notetab Light that will run from
      >>a USB Flash Drive?
      >>
      >>I work sometimes in a location that does not allow installing software
      >>and the only editor option is Notepad. There are features of even Notetab
      >>Light that make working with files so much easier. If I had a USB version
      >>then I could use it without leaving a trace of my usage on the host
      >>machine. Now that would be COOL.

      I think most of them will now run off of a decent sized usb. Also there
      is actually a tiny version out there that you can run off of a floppy
      disk! Look in the archives and use the word tiny. I know I was part of
      the thread with username dpasseng I think.
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2006
        Hi Lotta, Gary, & Others...

        In short, NoteTab can run on a USB drive. My longer version of
        this is over on the ntb-OffTopic list. Links below in sigline...

        >>Does anyone know if there is a version of Notetab Light that will run from
        >>a USB Flash Drive?
        >
        >Any version, I think. If size matters you could pack/compress it. I ran a
        >compressed Notetab Pro off a floppy and it worked fine. Slow, but fine.
        >There also were a pre-compressed Light or Standard. take a look at the
        >Notetab site. Maybe it's still around. Otherwise this thing does the job.
        ><http://www.aspack.com/>

        Happy Topics,
        Jody

        The NoteTab Off-Topic List