Re: [NH] USB Drive version of Notetab Light

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 28, 2006
      ,gkluther@... wrote:
      >Does anyone know if there is a version of Notetab Light that will run from
      >a USB Flash Drive?
      >
      >I work sometimes in a location that does not allow installing software
      >and the only editor option is Notepad. There are features of even Notetab
      >Light that make working with files so much easier. If I had a USB version
      >then I could use it without leaving a trace of my usage on the host
      >machine. Now that would be COOL.

      Any version, I think. If size matters you could pack/compress it. I ran a
      compressed Notetab Pro off a floppy and it worked fine. Slow, but fine.
      There also were a pre-compressed Light or Standard. take a look at the
      Notetab site. Maybe it's still around. Otherwise this thing does the job.
      <http://www.aspack.com/>

      Lotta
    • Don - htmlfixit.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 28, 2006
        loro wrote:
        > ,gkluther@... wrote:
        >
        >>Does anyone know if there is a version of Notetab Light that will run from
        >>a USB Flash Drive?
        >>
        >>I work sometimes in a location that does not allow installing software
        >>and the only editor option is Notepad. There are features of even Notetab
        >>Light that make working with files so much easier. If I had a USB version
        >>then I could use it without leaving a trace of my usage on the host
        >>machine. Now that would be COOL.

        I think most of them will now run off of a decent sized usb. Also there
        is actually a tiny version out there that you can run off of a floppy
        disk! Look in the archives and use the word tiny. I know I was part of
        the thread with username dpasseng I think.
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1 2:33 AM
          Hi Lotta, Gary, & Others...

          In short, NoteTab can run on a USB drive. My longer version of
          this is over on the ntb-OffTopic list. Links below in sigline...

          >>Does anyone know if there is a version of Notetab Light that will run from
          >>a USB Flash Drive?
          >
          >Any version, I think. If size matters you could pack/compress it. I ran a
          >compressed Notetab Pro off a floppy and it worked fine. Slow, but fine.
          >There also were a pre-compressed Light or Standard. take a look at the
          >Notetab site. Maybe it's still around. Otherwise this thing does the job.
          ><http://www.aspack.com/>

          Happy Topics,
          Jody

          The NoteTab Off-Topic List