USB Drive version of Notetab Light

  • gkluther@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2006
      Does anyone know if there is a version of Notetab Light that will run from a USB Flash Drive?

      I work sometimes in a location that does not allow installing software and the only editor option is Notepad. There are features of even Notetab Light that make working with files so much easier. If I had a USB version then I could use it without leaving a trace of my usage on the host machine. Now that would be COOL.

      TIA

      --
      "The Constitution of the United
      States is deserving of our
    • Larry Hamilton
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 30, 2006
        I have used NoteTab Pro on USB drive, Light will work the same way.

        The key is how the ini file is handled. If you want it to remember your
        last opened files, it is helpful if your USB drive is always assigned
        the same drive letter. If not, you could get creative and develop a clip
        to modify your ini file to match the new drive letter. Other than that,
        it should work just fine. I prefer to install NoteTab in a directory off
        the drive letter, such as c:\NoteTab, so that paths are shorter, etc. I
        just put the NoteTab directory at the top level of the USB drive. It
        works great when I need it.

        The best solution is that I use NoteTab so much, that I made work buy me
        a license for Pro. Since Light is free for all uses, you might be able
        to get them to approve it. If they see the use in it, you might be able
        to get them to go for $19.95 for a license to Pro.

        Larry Hamilton
        Kairos Computer Solutions
        http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
        Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus