Re: [NH] Display USNO Clock

  • R Shapp
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 18, 2006
      Hi Dave M,

      <<you would have to get the bit you want including the Java and do not forget
      to get the images they refer to as well >>

      That means I can't do what I want. I don't have access to the Java or the
      images.

      Thanks for the help.

      Ray Shapp
    • dave
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 19, 2006
        Hi
        the only way you might do it would be to link your page to it ,so that when
        your page loads it loads their page as well .I think you would have to put
        a onload instruction on the top of your page and refer to their page, this
        means when I click on your page the bottom half will load theirs .
        THANKYOU DAVE M

        > <<you would have to get the bit you want including the Java and do not
        > forget
        > to get the images they refer to as well >>
        >
        > That means I can't do what I want. I don't have access to the Java or the
        > images.
        >
        > Thanks for the help.
        >
        > Ray Shapp
        >

        > CSE HTML Validator Lite - it's free:

      • R Shapp
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 19, 2006
          Hi Dave,

          Thanks for the reply

          <<put a onload instruction on the top of your page and refer to their page,
          this means when I click on your page the bottom half will load theirs . >>

          I found a different USNO clock that will launch automatically on my website.
          I runs for only a maximum of 30 seconds, and it doesn't display in MSIE. For
          many users, the quick sample of correct time will be sufficient because most
          users go to that page for other reasons. Because of its shortcomings,
          however, I have provided a separate link to the full-blown USNO clock which
          runs continuously on all browsers. The link launches a separate instance of
          the browser, and displays the world-wide areas of darkness and light as well
          as the correct time.

          Regards,

          Ray Shapp