Re: [NH] Warning: expected "html PUBLIC"

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 2, 2000
      Hi Grant,

      > If you want to customise the DTD Doctype needs to be set to
      > system not public.
      > <!DOCTYPE HTML SYSTEM

      Ah, maybe that is my problem. ;)

      >> I tried the following in my .dtd file with and without %Color;
      >> but Tidy still reports it. ???
      >
      > TIDY doesn't lay claim to be a validator and as far I am aware
      > it is not DTD aware.

      OH, I must have misunderstood you. I was trying to get Tidy not
      to check for bordercolor...

      > Just checked the CSE site.....
      > In a reply to a post the CSE author Albert Wiersch said
      >
      > "CSE does not read DTDs.

      I know. :) Tidy is the one complaining.

      > I will look into XHTML more for the next major upgrade.

      OK, but that won't interest me. I won't use all lowercase until
      forced to. The reason I asked before about using your library
      and then making it all upper tag, lower attribute was I would
      get a strict validation, but then change the case and change
      <!DocType after that.

      Thanks!
      Jody

      Clean-Funnies: click and send...