Re: [NH] Note Tab's FTP program

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 22, 2006
      john buchanan wrote:
      > Dear Note Tab Gurus,
      >
      > Where do I find instruction in making Note Tab's FTP program do
      > what it's supposed to do for me? Smart FTP off the Internet has
      > been recommended by a friend, but before I bail out of Note Tab's
      > offering, I'd sure like to make it work.
      >
      > Or should I just give up? I'd really like to get my stuff
      > transferred to my web page.
      >
      > Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
      > If the answer is ridiculously easy, I apologize for wasting your time.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > John buchanan@...

      John,

      The answer is pretty easy, AFAIK, NoteTab doesn't have an internal FTP
      facility. What it does have is the capability to act as a frontend,
      using various clips and clipbooks, for 3rd party FTP utilities, if they
      have a commandline interface.

      <>··········read··········<>
      I use a clip/book, or parts of it, named FTPZIP. It is written by Jody
      Adair and is written to use versions of WSFTP as the FTP engine. If you
      have WsFTP this is the download address for the clipbook from NoteTab's
      site.

      http://www.notetab.net/zip/ftpzip.zip

      Another option is a clipbook written to use Windows own command line FTP
      utility, FTP.exe, should be C:\Windows\system32 folder. The download
      address for the FTP clipbook follows.

      http://notetab.com/clipbooks/ftp.zip
      <>··········read··········<>

      As I stated, I use modified parts of FTPZIP and WsFTP, and I also use
      the ftp facility in my file manager POWERDESK. I use these 2 methods
      almost exclusively. On very rare occasions do I start the GUI for WsFTP.

      There is also a 3rd option, Pick your own FTP utility with a command
      line interface and start constructing your frontend clips for its use.
      This may be something you would want to try sometime after you become
      more familiar with the Clip language.

      ºvº
      06.02.22_07.38
      "If only you'd use your powers for good instead of evil..."
      hrs ø hsavage@...
    • Larry Hamilton
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 23, 2006
        John,

        NoteTab has an included clip library, "FTP", that works with the ftp.exe that is
        included with Windows.

        Here is a link to my NoteTab page and a NoteTab outline of FTP commands that I
        collected a few years ago. BTW these FTP commands work with the Unix/Linux FTP
        also.

        http://www.kairoscomputers.com/notetab/index.php

        Here is the direct link to my FTP notes:

        http://www.kairoscomputers.com/notetab/FTP_Notes.php

        Larry Hamilton
        Kairos Computer Solutions
        http://www.kairoscomputers.com/