Re: [NH] Photoshop scratch disks

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 13, 2006
      sisterscape wrote:
      > I did designate a second hard drive as a scratch disk. My real
      > question/concern is why it happened out of the blue after a year of
      > perfect functioning when nothing was out of the ordinary. What
      > triggered it? If there is an underlying cause, I want to address it.

      I would guess that you had something not close right. If you were able
      to get it to start, then I would not worry unless the behavior repeats
      itself.
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 13, 2006
        Hi All,

        After a few more messages please be kind enough and take this to
        the off topic list or to the PhotoShop list. <g> I know all you
        guys and gals are better techs than them, <vbg> but nevertheless,
        they can probably help you faster. TIA

        As far as why did it happen after a year or so of use all of the
        sudden, things like that happen all the time on computers no
        matter what the OS is, no matter what brand of hardware, no
        matter how the person holds their mouth (although I think that
        plays a major part in these ghostly phantoms! :)

        How you all had great holidays for those that celebrate any of
        them that just passed. The next big one is this month on the
        29th. That is the day everybody on the lists send Jody a birthday
        present. LOL

        > I did designate a second hard drive as a scratch disk. My real
        > question/concern is why it happened out of the blue after a
        > year of perfect functioning when nothing was out of the
        > ordinary. What triggered it? If there is an underlying cause,
        > I want to address it.

        http://www.notetab.net
        http://www.fookes.us/aid4mail
        Fookes Software Yahoogroups:
        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 13, 2006
          Jody wrote:
          > Hi All,
          >
          > As far as why did it happen after a year or so of use all of the
          > sudden, things like that happen all the time on computers no
          > matter what the OS is, no matter what brand of hardware, no
          > matter how the person holds their mouth (although I think that
          > plays a major part in these ghostly phantoms! :)
          >
          > How you all had great holidays for those that celebrate any of
          > them that just passed. The next big one is this month on the
          > 29th. That is the day everybody on the lists send Jody a birthday
          > present. LOL
          >
          > Happy HTML'n!
          > Jody

          Jody, sister,

          Things may, and do, happen like this quite frequently, especially if
          Windows is your OS and your OS is set to update automatically. Within
          the past few days Windows has put out a patch, allegedly for their
          metafile system.

          Any update at any time might produce no result, similar results, or,
          very drastic results. These updates may affect few computers or a large
          number of computers.

          Of course, if you don't auto-update this point is moot.

          I'm CC'ing this to Off-Topic.

          ºvº
          06.01.13
          'Cooking III:'
          'How Not to Inflict Your Diets on Other People.'
          hrs ø hsavage@...