Re: [NH] Photoshop scratch disks

  • Ed
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 13, 2006
      If you will go to help in Photoshop or go to the PS forums, there are several, but they have some people on there who are smart mouth and like to produce little flames. I am fortunate and I have two hard drives both in Gigs in my computer, one of which that I seldom use and I made it
      the scratch disk and since then I have had not scratch disk problems. The help in Photoshop will explain about the scratch disk area and recommend that you use another drive.
      Ed
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 13, 2006
        I did designate a second hard drive as a scratch disk. My real
        question/concern is why it happened out of the blue after a year of
        perfect functioning when nothing was out of the ordinary. What
        triggered it? If there is an underlying cause, I want to address it.

        --- Ed <ebrown1927@...> wrote:

        > If you will go to help in Photoshop or go to the PS forums, there are
        > several, but they have some people on there who are smart mouth and
        > like to produce little flames. I am fortunate and I have two hard
        > drives both in Gigs in my computer, one of which that I seldom use
        > and I made it
        > the scratch disk and since then I have had not scratch disk problems.
        > The help in Photoshop will explain about the scratch disk area and
        > recommend that you use another drive.
        > Ed

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Don - htmlfixit.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 13, 2006
          sisterscape wrote:
          > I did designate a second hard drive as a scratch disk. My real
          > question/concern is why it happened out of the blue after a year of
          > perfect functioning when nothing was out of the ordinary. What
          > triggered it? If there is an underlying cause, I want to address it.

          I would guess that you had something not close right. If you were able
          to get it to start, then I would not worry unless the behavior repeats
          itself.
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 13, 2006
            Hi All,

            After a few more messages please be kind enough and take this to
            the off topic list or to the PhotoShop list. <g> I know all you
            guys and gals are better techs than them, <vbg> but nevertheless,
            they can probably help you faster. TIA

            As far as why did it happen after a year or so of use all of the
            sudden, things like that happen all the time on computers no
            matter what the OS is, no matter what brand of hardware, no
            matter how the person holds their mouth (although I think that
            plays a major part in these ghostly phantoms! :)

            How you all had great holidays for those that celebrate any of
            them that just passed. The next big one is this month on the
            29th. That is the day everybody on the lists send Jody a birthday
            present. LOL

            > I did designate a second hard drive as a scratch disk. My real
            > question/concern is why it happened out of the blue after a
            > year of perfect functioning when nothing was out of the
            > ordinary. What triggered it? If there is an underlying cause,
            > I want to address it.

            http://www.notetab.net
            http://www.fookes.us/aid4mail
            Fookes Software Yahoogroups:
            http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
          • hsavage
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 13, 2006
              Jody wrote:
              > Hi All,
              >
              > As far as why did it happen after a year or so of use all of the
              > sudden, things like that happen all the time on computers no
              > matter what the OS is, no matter what brand of hardware, no
              > matter how the person holds their mouth (although I think that
              > plays a major part in these ghostly phantoms! :)
              >
              > How you all had great holidays for those that celebrate any of
              > them that just passed. The next big one is this month on the
              > 29th. That is the day everybody on the lists send Jody a birthday
              > present. LOL
              >
              > Happy HTML'n!
              > Jody

              Jody, sister,

              Things may, and do, happen like this quite frequently, especially if
              Windows is your OS and your OS is set to update automatically. Within
              the past few days Windows has put out a patch, allegedly for their
              metafile system.

              Any update at any time might produce no result, similar results, or,
              very drastic results. These updates may affect few computers or a large
              number of computers.

              Of course, if you don't auto-update this point is moot.

              I'm CC'ing this to Off-Topic.

              ºvº
              06.01.13
              'Cooking III:'
              'How Not to Inflict Your Diets on Other People.'
              hrs ø hsavage@...