Re: [NH] [NTB] Ordered lists

  • sisterscape
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2006
      Well, it looks like NT did give you an <ol> of 7 items:

      > <ol>
      > <li></li>
      > <li></li>
      > <li></li>
      > <li></li>
      > <li></li>
      > <li></li>
      > <li></li>
      > </ol>

      You need to move your data that is outside the list:

      ><ol>
      > <li>sam</li>
      > <li>jim</li>

      To within the correctly structured list like this:

      > <ol>
      > <li>sam</li>
      > <li>jim</li>
      > <li></li>
      > <li></li>
      > <li></li>
      > <li></li>
      > <li></li>
      > </ol>

      Your second example is missing the opening tag. It should be:

      <ol>
      > <li>lou</li>
      > <li>bob</li>
      > <li>steve</li>
      > <li>walker</li>
      ></ol>

      It seems NT does not number items that have broken lines correctly and
      since I often have ol of longer entries, I usually just hand-code the
      list or create the list outside the entries and fill in the blanks.
      But it has NEVER failed to provide correctly formed html. Hope that
      helps.

      sisterscape

      Just $16.99/mo. or less.
      dsl.yahoo.com
    • Don - htmlfixit.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 7, 2006
        I debated answering this yesterday but was not sure I understood. I
        also wondered if his clip was somehow corrupted.

        To us the OL clip to create a empty list you usually double click it
        with nothing highlighted and tell it how many items when it asks ... it
        should create the proper tags.

        If you already have your items in a text format, highlight them and
        double click and it should put the li tags correctly around each item.

        As sisterscape said, it will sometimes misfire if you have items that
        contain a return character in them as it will treat that as two items
        instead of one.
      • sisterscape
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 7, 2006
          Interestingly, the <ul> function doesn't do this if the lines are
          joined. But the <ol> just ignores the joined lines and latches on to
          the wordwrap breaks to make individual <li>. Go figure . . .

          --- "Don - htmlfixit.com" <don@...> wrote:

          > As sisterscape said, it will sometimes misfire if you have
          > items that
          >
          > contain a return character in them as it will treat that as two >
          items instead of one.

          Just $16.99/mo. or less.
          dsl.yahoo.com