Re: [NH] tidy.exe

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 23, 2005
      > OK, BASIC hint for new webmasters: you HAVE to test your site in more
      > than one browser! Even if you follow the standards, different browsers
      > have different quirks (let's call them "bugs") and interpret the
      > standards in different ways. So, you have to test it in order to check
      > if there are no weird problems (like fonts getting too large or small)
      > if you switch browsers.
      Agreed, but don't bother with IE for MAC. It is dying fast.
      http://htmlfixit.com/?p=827
    • Kerry Coates
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 23, 2005
        Don,
        I went to your site -- htmlfixit.com -- what a great site!!! I
        bookmarked it. you are so cool.

        Kerry Coates
        http://www.GilaMountainDulcimers.com
        http://www.CharroCoats.com
        http://www.GamblingStrategyCards.com
        http://www.DulcimerShop.comhttp://www.PaulCoatesGuitar.com

        >> OK, BASIC hint for new webmasters: you HAVE to test your site in more
        >> than one browser! Even if you follow the standards, different browsers
        >> have different quirks (let's call them "bugs") and interpret the
        >> standards in different ways. So, you have to test it in order to check
        >> if there are no weird problems (like fonts getting too large or small)
        >> if you switch browsers.
        > Agreed, but don't bother with IE for MAC. It is dying fast.
        > http://htmlfixit.com/?p=827
        >

        > CSE HTML Validator Lite - it's free:

      • Kerry Coates
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 23, 2005
          Yes, I dragged and dropped them! I had to go back and re-download a few of
          them over top again because, yes, there were files missing. NoteTabPro -- I
          re-dowonloaded it but saved my old .ini file because I altered it and wanted
          to save the changes. Then I just replaced the .ini file after I downloaded
          it. But Tidy evidently isn't in there. I don't remember how I got Tidy
          before.
          I downloaded Tidy yesterday but it isn't working. I goofed something
          up.