Re: Rollovers

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2005
      > Having had only monitored and never responded or interacted on these
      > groups I apologize if I am posting in the wrong place. As well I wish
      > not to distract from Don's suggestion of the USE of javascript, but
      > rather, offer another solution.
      > CSS is a wonderful way to create rollovers of all sorts. CSS
      > rollovers are fast and clean performers. If you would like an example
      > of using CSS for rollovers there are many out there on the web such as -->
      > http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/index.html
      > most of these examples are not imaged for the sake of displaying CSS
      > used in pure form. In turn you might have a look here. -->
      > http://mvp.wiserways.com/tutorials/rollovers/
      > I have created a CSS mini tutorial for a bug in Internet-explorer. It
      > uses images for bullets. -->
      > http://www.sightdeezygn.com/if-blog/e1.html
      > If you check it out you can see code that
      > uses imaged backgrounds for bullets (and learn about an internet
      > explorer bug to watch for as well) :)
      > Hope this sheds more light, offers more possibilities

      I totally agree that css is a great alternative way (and perhaps even a
      preferred way of doing rollovers these days). I almost posted a css
      solution as well. I was trying to keep it simple so decided not to, but
      glad that you did.

      I would suggest that this particular branch of the thread might better
      be in the html list (as it relates to html/css coding) vs a clip to
      achieve same.

      I *do not* in anyway wish to discourage anyone from posting. I am
      hardly the final authority on what goes where either, I might add! Both
      the HTML and the Clips lists are MUCH more tolerant of short slightly
      off topic conversations in my experience though because of the fact that
      the users are much more experienced. They (the "evil moderators"
      *grin*) fairly "militantly" try to keep the basic list to the very
      basics of the program because many new or less advanced users are over
      on that list and they don't want to scare them off. These are my
      perceptions.

      I have copied your post to the html list and would suggest that
      discussion of the CSS options probably should continue over there unless
      someone is suggesting a clip to acheive the end result :-)

      Thanks for jumping in and posting. More participants helps everyone learn!

      Don
      http://htmlfixit.com