Re: [NH] About "Question Marks"

  • Piotr BieĊ„kowski
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 6, 2005
      sisterscape wrote:

      >I never thought I'd be saying this but could she use FrontPage rather
      >than Word to generate the html? Even the bloated code it produces
      >would be an improvement over the nightmare that Word spews out.

      Also, typing the page in OpenOffice.org Writer and saving as HTML is a
      "lesser evil" than doing that in Word.

      Regards,

      Piotr
    • Don - htmlfixit.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 7, 2005
        Bruce Meyers wrote:
        > I am just trying to explain why we are "forced" to use such awful
        > code. I just don't know of any easy way to turn word processed
        > documents into html.
        >
        > Again, thank you for your analysis and replies
        > Bruce Meyers

        Open the document in word. Hit control + a, hit control + c.
        Open notetab, hit control + n, then hit control + v.
        In notetab select modify, document to html, with paragraph tags.
        Save and upload. It might not be fancy, but it will be readable.

        The other option is to have her use openoffice.org (version 2 -- great
        and free), save as either html (better) or better yet as pdf and add a link.

        Enjoy the challenge.

        Don