Re: [NH] question marks

  • dave
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 6, 2005
      hi
      the font you have chosen does not have the characters in it, I would use
      arial or
      similar.
      THANKYOU DAVE M

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 6, 2005
        Fay Johnston wrote:
        > When I saw question marks on a web page--in place of apostrophes, as these
        > are--the webmaster told me that the people who owned the site had been
        > putting stuff up themselves from a wysiwyg editor. He didn't name it, just
        > used a few deservedly rude words.
        >

        >>A site that I created in NoteTab has recently been moved to a new
        >>server. Question marks are showing up on the page in different ways
        >>depending on which browser is used to view it.
        >>The site is http://home.centurytel.net/tnround
        >>I am no longer the webmaster for this site, but I am the creator and
        >>the main consultant for the site. I would appreciate any comments or
        >>suggestions that might explain the appearance of the question marks.

        Typical result. People just like the concept of easy publishing so they
        go with word, excel, etc. and save stuff in html having no idea what all
        that means. Junky heavy code, embedded editing information that they
        might not care to share, virus possibilities, etc. Frontpage sites
        break and break big, and then the people running them are clueless.
        I'll stick to my notetab thank you very much.
      • bruce.somers@web.de
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 6, 2005
          Is this intended for me of for the orignal poster?

          I don't know what it might mean for me.

          Bruce