Re: [NH] using Meta tag "refresh"

  • Rudolf Horbas
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 5, 2005
      Hi Mike,

      > I want to insure a site is always refreshed when viewed to disallow a
      > cached version being viewed.
      >
      > I tried using the Refresh meta tag but I could not figure out how to
      > get it to refresh only once and not every X-seconds.
      >
      > Any ideas on this?

      meta refresh ist the wrong method. If you can't do it on the server, use

      instead.

      <http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/global.html#idx-meta_data-2>

      HTH,
      Rudi
    • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 6, 2005
        Thanks Rudi,
        I could not quite wrap my pea sized brain around the document Lotta linked
        to so I have decided to use the expire "tag".
        -Mike

        p.s. Will this cause search spiders to ignore the page?

        ==============
        At 03:32 PM 12/5/2005 , Rudolf Horbas wrote:
        >meta refresh ist the wrong method. If you can't do it on the server, use

        >instead.
        >
        ><http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/global.html#idx-meta_data-2>
        >
        >HTH,
        >Rudi

        Some of my web pages:
        http://www.mBreiding.us/web_pages.html

      • Rudolf Horbas
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 6, 2005
          Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV schrieb am 06.12.2005 11:49:
          > Thanks Rudi,
          > I could not quite wrap my pea sized brain around the document Lotta linked
          > to so I have decided to use the expire "tag".

          "low-tech", and (mostly) working, if your web server is configured
          properly. Check the http headers if the server sends the expires header
          (in a Mozilla browser, "use Page Info")

          > p.s. Will this cause search spiders to ignore the page?

          No, that'd be

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 6, 2005
            At 06:22 AM 12/6/2005 , you wrote:
            >No, that'd be