Re: [NH] using Meta tag "refresh"

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 5, 2005
      At 03:14 PM 12/5/2005 , loro wrote:
      >Mike Breiding wrote:
      > >I tried using the Refresh meta tag but I could not figure out how to
      > >get it to refresh only once and not every X-seconds.
      >
      >Afraid you can't do that.
      >
      > >Any ideas on this?
      >
      >Yup. Do it on the server.
      ><http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/>

      Whew! I will give it a shot.

      As always, thanks!

      -Mike

      Some of my web pages:
      http://www.mBreiding.us/web_pages.html

    • Rudolf Horbas
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 5, 2005
        Hi Mike,

        > I want to insure a site is always refreshed when viewed to disallow a
        > cached version being viewed.
        >
        > I tried using the Refresh meta tag but I could not figure out how to
        > get it to refresh only once and not every X-seconds.
        >
        > Any ideas on this?

        meta refresh ist the wrong method. If you can't do it on the server, use

        instead.

        <http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/global.html#idx-meta_data-2>

        HTH,
        Rudi
      • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 6, 2005
          Thanks Rudi,
          I could not quite wrap my pea sized brain around the document Lotta linked
          to so I have decided to use the expire "tag".
          -Mike

          p.s. Will this cause search spiders to ignore the page?

          ==============

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 6, 2005
            Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV schrieb am 06.12.2005 11:49:
            > Thanks Rudi,
            > I could not quite wrap my pea sized brain around the document Lotta linked
            > to so I have decided to use the expire "tag".

            "low-tech", and (mostly) working, if your web server is configured
            properly. Check the http headers if the server sends the expires header
            (in a Mozilla browser, "use Page Info")

            > p.s. Will this cause search spiders to ignore the page?

            No, that'd be

            Rudi
          • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 6, 2005