Re: [NH] using Meta tag "refresh"

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 5, 2005
      Mike Breiding wrote:
      >I tried using the Refresh meta tag but I could not figure out how to
      >get it to refresh only once and not every X-seconds.

      Afraid you can't do that.

      >Any ideas on this?

      Yup. Do it on the server.
      <http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/>

      Lotta
    • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 5, 2005
        At 03:14 PM 12/5/2005 , loro wrote:
        >Mike Breiding wrote:
        > >I tried using the Refresh meta tag but I could not figure out how to
        > >get it to refresh only once and not every X-seconds.
        >
        >Afraid you can't do that.
        >
        > >Any ideas on this?
        >
        >Yup. Do it on the server.
        ><http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/>

        Whew! I will give it a shot.

        As always, thanks!

        -Mike

        Some of my web pages:
        http://www.mBreiding.us/web_pages.html

      • Rudolf Horbas
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 5, 2005
          Hi Mike,

          > I want to insure a site is always refreshed when viewed to disallow a
          > cached version being viewed.
          >
          > I tried using the Refresh meta tag but I could not figure out how to
          > get it to refresh only once and not every X-seconds.
          >
          > Any ideas on this?

          meta refresh ist the wrong method. If you can't do it on the server, use

          instead.

          <http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/global.html#idx-meta_data-2>

          HTH,
          Rudi
        • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 6, 2005
            Thanks Rudi,
            I could not quite wrap my pea sized brain around the document Lotta linked
            to so I have decided to use the expire "tag".
            -Mike

            p.s. Will this cause search spiders to ignore the page?

            ==============

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 6, 2005
              Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV schrieb am 06.12.2005 11:49:
              > Thanks Rudi,
              > I could not quite wrap my pea sized brain around the document Lotta linked
              > to so I have decided to use the expire "tag".

              "low-tech", and (mostly) working, if your web server is configured
              properly. Check the http headers if the server sends the expires header
              (in a Mozilla browser, "use Page Info")

              > p.s. Will this cause search spiders to ignore the page?

              No, that'd be

              Rudi
            • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 6, 2005