Tidy

    Message 1 of 1 , May 31 2:39 AM
      Hi All,

      I had asked how I could make Tidy leave my formatting the way
      it is and I found my answer from Dave R.'s site:

      You can choose which style you want Tidy to use when it
      generates the cleaned up markup: for instance whether you like
      elements to indent their contents or not. Several people have
      asked if Tidy could preserve the original layout. I am sorry to
      say that this would be very hard to support due to the way Tidy
      is implemented. Tidy starts by building a clean parse tree from
      the source file. The parse tree doesn't contain any information
      about the original layout. Tidy then pretty prints the parse tree
      using the current layout options. Trying to preserve the original
      layout would interact badly with the repair operations needed to
      build a clean parse tree and considerably complicate the
      code.

      Some browsers can screw up the right alignment of text
      depending on how you layout headings. As an example,
      consider:

      <h1 align="right">
      Heading
      </h1> <h1 align="right">Heading</h1>

      Both of these should be rendered the same. Sadly a common
      browser bug fails to trim trailing whitespace and misaligns the
      first heading. HTML Tidy will protect you from this bug, except
      when you set the indent option to "yes".

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab and Html List...
      mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...