Re: [NH] latest version of tidy

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 11, 2005
      At 07:07 PM 11/11/2005 , Marcelo de Castro Bastos wrote:
      >No, you don't, not if you are using an Oct 2004 version. I have been
      >using a version dated 12 April 2005 for months.
      >
      >If you look at the "Other Builds" section of the tidy.sourceforge.net
      >page, you will notice a link labeled "Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP
      >exe/lib/dll". This will take you to this page maintained by Cory Nelson:
      >
      >http://dev.int64.org/tidy.html
      >
      >There, you can find a current build for Windows. The version available
      >right now is dated November 6, 2005 -- less than a week old.
      >
      >Marcelo Bastos

      Excellent!
      Thanks, Marcelo.

      -Mike

      http://www.mBreiding.us/web_pages.html

    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 13, 2005
        > If you look at the "Other Builds" section of the tidy.sourceforge.net
        > page, you will notice a link labeled "Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP
        > exe/lib/dll". This will take you to this page maintained by Cory Nelson:
        >
        > http://dev.int64.org/tidy.html

        Over the last few days I've been getting a corrupt download which only
        delivers about 20k of the file. Is anyone else suffering in the same way?

        Greg
      • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 13, 2005
          At 05:28 AM 11/13/2005 , you wrote:
          >Over the last few days I've been getting a corrupt download which only
          >delivers about 20k of the file. Is anyone else suffering in the same way?
          >
          >Greg

          Hi Greg,
          I have both the exe and zip files here:
          http://mbreiding.us/tidy/

          See if they are OK when you fetch them.

          -Mike

          http://www.mBreiding.us/web_pages.html

        • Nigel Hall
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 13, 2005
            Hi Greg,

            When I decided to download the file I was presented with a list of
            sources which I could download from. I downloaded the file, today,
            from a site in the UK, without any problem. Maybe it is a problem
            with the file at the particular site that you are downloading it from.

            Best wishes,
            Nigel

            --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Chapman" <greg@e...> wrote:

            > > If you look at the "Other Builds" section of the tidy.sourceforge.net
            > > page, you will notice a link labeled "Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP
            > > exe/lib/dll". This will take you to this page maintained by Cory
            Nelson:

            > > http://dev.int64.org/tidy.html
            >
            > Over the last few days I've been getting a corrupt download which only
            > delivers about 20k of the file. Is anyone else suffering in the
            same way?

            > Greg

          • thefrank
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 13, 2005
              regarding corrupted downloads:

              MD5 is an easy way to checksum any files you would offer for
              download from your websites. this function is built into NoteTab.

              I posted a simple clip over on the Clips List for this:

              regards,

              tf
            • Greg Chapman
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 14, 2005
                Hi Mike,

                > I have both the exe and zip files here:
                > http://mbreiding.us/tidy/
                >
                > See if they are OK when you fetch them.

                Thanks for the link.

                I've just downloaded the ZIP and it appears fine. My only observation is
                that when I open the ZIP it reveals a modified date of 5/7/04 (UK Format).
                Is that what I should expect for the latest Nov2005 version?

                Greg
              • hsavage
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 14, 2005
                  Greg Chapman wrote:
                  > Hi Mike,
                  >
                  >> I have both the exe and zip files here:
                  >> http://mbreiding.us/tidy/
                  >>
                  >> See if they are OK when you fetch them.
                  >
                  > Thanks for the link.
                  >
                  > I've just downloaded the ZIP and it appears fine. My only observation is
                  > that when I open the ZIP it reveals a modified date of 5/7/04 (UK
                  Format).
                  > Is that what I should expect for the latest Nov2005 version?
                  >
                  > Greg

                  Greg,

                  The zipfile I downloaded from Open Source contains 1 file, Tidy.exe, its
                  filedate is 11/6/2005.

                  ºvº
                  05.11.14
                  hrs > hsavage@...
                • hsavage
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 14, 2005
                    Greg Chapman wrote:
                    > Hi Mike,
                    >
                    >> I have both the exe and zip files here:
                    >> http://mbreiding.us/tidy/
                    >>
                    >> See if they are OK when you fetch them.
                    >
                    > Thanks for the link.
                    >
                    > I've just downloaded the ZIP and it appears fine. My only observation is
                    > that when I open the ZIP it reveals a modified date of 5/7/04 (UK
                    Format).
                    > Is that what I should expect for the latest Nov2005 version?
                    >
                    > Greg

                    Greg,

                    If you haven't successfully downloaded yet this is the info I used to do so.

                    address is 'http://dev.int64.org/tidy.html'
                    Page Title is 'Tidy Binaries'
                    underscored link to click 'this exe'

                    ºvº
                    05.11.14
                    hrs > hsavage@...
                  • Greg Chapman
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 14, 2005
                      Hi hrs,

                      > If you haven't successfully downloaded yet this is the info I
                      > used to do so.
                      >
                      > address is 'http://dev.int64.org/tidy.html'
                      > Page Title is 'Tidy Binaries'
                      > underscored link to click 'this exe'

                      Cracked it! My problem was my download manager (Star Downloader). It
                      appeared to be preventing the redirection to the SourceForge download site.
                      Once I'd disabled Star Downloader I got the redirection and have now got the
                      latest version of Tidy.

                      Thanks!

                      Now I'll have to ferret about for the latest documentation!! :-)

                      Greg