latest version of tidy

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 11, 2005
      The latest version I am able to find for WIN is dated OCT 2004.
      Is there a new version?

      -Mike

      http://www.mBreiding.us/web_pages.html
    • Larry Hamilton
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 11, 2005
        Mike,

        Tidy has been an open source project on Sourceforge for a couple of
        years now.

        Just look for the link to the Windows version.

        http://tidy.sourceforge.net/

        Larry Hamilton
        Kairos Computer Solutions
        http://www.kairoscomputers.com/
        Sales Affiliate for Grisoft Anti-Virus

        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 11, 2005
          At 05:19 PM 11/11/2005 , you wrote:
          >Mike,
          >Tidy has been an open source project on Sourceforge for a couple of
          >years now.
          >Just look for the link to the Windows version.
          >http://tidy.sourceforge.net/

          I checked and it appears I have the latest version.
          Thanks, Larry.
          -Mike

          http://www.mBreiding.us/web_pages.html

        • Marcelo de Castro Bastos
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 11, 2005
            On 11/11/2005 21:04, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV invited the wrath of
            the gods by saying:

            >At 05:19 PM 11/11/2005 , you wrote:
            >

            >>Mike,
            >>Tidy has been an open source project on Sourceforge for a couple of
            >>years now.
            >>Just look for the link to the Windows version.
            >>http://tidy.sourceforge.net/
            >>

            >I checked and it appears I have the latest version.
            >Thanks, Larry.
            >-Mike

            No, you don't, not if you are using an Oct 2004 version. I have been
            using a version dated 12 April 2005 for months.

            If you look at the "Other Builds" section of the tidy.sourceforge.net
            page, you will notice a link labeled "Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP
            exe/lib/dll". This will take you to this page maintained by Cory Nelson:

            http://dev.int64.org/tidy.html

            There, you can find a current build for Windows. The version available
            right now is dated November 6, 2005 -- less than a week old.

            Marcelo Bastos
            -=-=-
            ... Don't believe everything you hear or anything you say.
            * TagZilla 0.057
          • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 11, 2005
              At 07:07 PM 11/11/2005 , Marcelo de Castro Bastos wrote:
              >No, you don't, not if you are using an Oct 2004 version. I have been
              >using a version dated 12 April 2005 for months.
              >
              >If you look at the "Other Builds" section of the tidy.sourceforge.net
              >page, you will notice a link labeled "Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP
              >exe/lib/dll". This will take you to this page maintained by Cory Nelson:
              >
              >http://dev.int64.org/tidy.html
              >
              >There, you can find a current build for Windows. The version available
              >right now is dated November 6, 2005 -- less than a week old.
              >
              >Marcelo Bastos

              Excellent!
              Thanks, Marcelo.

              -Mike

              http://www.mBreiding.us/web_pages.html

            • Greg Chapman
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 13, 2005
                > If you look at the "Other Builds" section of the tidy.sourceforge.net
                > page, you will notice a link labeled "Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP
                > exe/lib/dll". This will take you to this page maintained by Cory Nelson:
                >
                > http://dev.int64.org/tidy.html

                Over the last few days I've been getting a corrupt download which only
                delivers about 20k of the file. Is anyone else suffering in the same way?

                Greg
              • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 13, 2005
                  At 05:28 AM 11/13/2005 , you wrote:
                  >Over the last few days I've been getting a corrupt download which only
                  >delivers about 20k of the file. Is anyone else suffering in the same way?
                  >
                  >Greg

                  Hi Greg,
                  I have both the exe and zip files here:
                  http://mbreiding.us/tidy/

                  See if they are OK when you fetch them.

                  -Mike

                  http://www.mBreiding.us/web_pages.html

                • Nigel Hall
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 13, 2005
                    Hi Greg,

                    When I decided to download the file I was presented with a list of
                    sources which I could download from. I downloaded the file, today,
                    from a site in the UK, without any problem. Maybe it is a problem
                    with the file at the particular site that you are downloading it from.

                    Best wishes,
                    Nigel

                    --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Chapman" <greg@e...> wrote:

                    > > If you look at the "Other Builds" section of the tidy.sourceforge.net
                    > > page, you will notice a link labeled "Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP
                    > > exe/lib/dll". This will take you to this page maintained by Cory
                    Nelson:

                    > > http://dev.int64.org/tidy.html
                    >
                    > Over the last few days I've been getting a corrupt download which only
                    > delivers about 20k of the file. Is anyone else suffering in the
                    same way?

                    > Greg

                  • thefrank
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 13, 2005
                      regarding corrupted downloads:

                      MD5 is an easy way to checksum any files you would offer for
                      download from your websites. this function is built into NoteTab.

                      I posted a simple clip over on the Clips List for this:

                      regards,

                      tf
                    • Greg Chapman
                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 14, 2005
                        Hi Mike,

                        > I have both the exe and zip files here:
                        > http://mbreiding.us/tidy/
                        >
                        > See if they are OK when you fetch them.

                        Thanks for the link.

                        I've just downloaded the ZIP and it appears fine. My only observation is
                        that when I open the ZIP it reveals a modified date of 5/7/04 (UK Format).
                        Is that what I should expect for the latest Nov2005 version?

                        Greg
                      • hsavage
                        Message 11 of 13 , Nov 14, 2005
                          Greg Chapman wrote:
                          > Hi Mike,
                          >
                          >> I have both the exe and zip files here:
                          >> http://mbreiding.us/tidy/
                          >>
                          >> See if they are OK when you fetch them.
                          >
                          > Thanks for the link.
                          >
                          > I've just downloaded the ZIP and it appears fine. My only observation is
                          > that when I open the ZIP it reveals a modified date of 5/7/04 (UK
                          Format).
                          > Is that what I should expect for the latest Nov2005 version?
                          >
                          > Greg

                          Greg,

                          The zipfile I downloaded from Open Source contains 1 file, Tidy.exe, its
                          filedate is 11/6/2005.

                          ºvº
                          05.11.14
                          hrs > hsavage@...
                        • hsavage
                          Message 12 of 13 , Nov 14, 2005
                            Greg Chapman wrote:
                            > Hi Mike,
                            >
                            >> I have both the exe and zip files here:
                            >> http://mbreiding.us/tidy/
                            >>
                            >> See if they are OK when you fetch them.
                            >
                            > Thanks for the link.
                            >
                            > I've just downloaded the ZIP and it appears fine. My only observation is
                            > that when I open the ZIP it reveals a modified date of 5/7/04 (UK
                            Format).
                            > Is that what I should expect for the latest Nov2005 version?
                            >
                            > Greg

                            Greg,

                            If you haven't successfully downloaded yet this is the info I used to do so.

                            address is 'http://dev.int64.org/tidy.html'
                            Page Title is 'Tidy Binaries'
                            underscored link to click 'this exe'

                            ºvº
                            05.11.14
                            hrs > hsavage@...
                          • Greg Chapman
                            Message 13 of 13 , Nov 14, 2005
                              Hi hrs,

                              > If you haven't successfully downloaded yet this is the info I
                              > used to do so.
                              >
                              > address is 'http://dev.int64.org/tidy.html'
                              > Page Title is 'Tidy Binaries'
                              > underscored link to click 'this exe'

                              Cracked it! My problem was my download manager (Star Downloader). It
                              appeared to be preventing the redirection to the SourceForge download site.
                              Once I'd disabled Star Downloader I got the redirection and have now got the
                              latest version of Tidy.

                              Thanks!

                              Now I'll have to ferret about for the latest documentation!! :-)

                              Greg