html trouble?

  • kcfmike
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2005
      I've recently been having my text files load up in SNT w/ a bunch of
      this stuff:

      {\rtf1\ansi\deff0{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Comic Sans MS;}}
      {\colortbl ;\red0\green0\blue0;}

      including a ton of "/par" s mixed in w/ my text.

      I'll erase all the extranious text, save and close only to find that
      my file will come up "bad" (w.the extra text ) again a week later.
      Can anyone tell me why this is happening and what i can do to avoid
      it?

      Thanks a ton

      Mike
    • Don - htmlfixit.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 7, 2005
        kcfmike wrote:
        > I've recently been having my text files load up in SNT w/ a bunch of
        > this stuff:
        >
        > {\rtf1\ansi\deff0{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Comic Sans MS;}}
        > {\colortbl ;\red0\green0\blue0;}
        >
        > including a ton of "/par" s mixed in w/ my text.
        >
        > I'll erase all the extranious text, save and close only to find that
        > my file will come up "bad" (w.the extra text ) again a week later.
        > Can anyone tell me why this is happening and what i can do to avoid
        > it?
        >
        > Thanks a ton
        >
        > Mike

        In the meantime you were foolish enough I bet to open your html file
        with a microsoft product.
      • Rudolf Horbas
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 7, 2005
          Hi Mike,

          > I've recently been having my text files load up in SNT w/ a bunch of
          > this stuff:
          >
          > {\rtf1\ansi\deff0{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Comic Sans MS;}}
          > {\colortbl ;\red0\green0\blue0;}
          >
          > including a ton of "/par" s mixed in w/ my text.

          To give you more info than Don did: That's RTF ("Rich Text Format", not
          the usual usenet abuse ;-) ).

          Guess you opened the files with Word and saved them as RTF.

          To convert them back, re-open with Word (or another word processor) and
          save as "Text only".

          HTH,
          Rudi
        • blake mooney
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 7, 2005
            CSE HTML Validator Lite is good so I bought the Standard version and it is better still. The one thing that helps me most is the fact that I can use PREVIEW in the Standard and that helps what's left of my brain power greatly. I get no commission for this but when I asked their Support people for an answer to a question the actual AUTHOR returned the email with a precise answer! I've never had that happen before but then I don't know many programs even though I have trouble mastering most.
            Blake

            "Don - htmlfixit.com" <don@...> wrote:
            kcfmike wrote:
            > I've recently been having my text files load up in SNT w/ a bunch of
            > this stuff:
            >
            > {\rtf1\ansi\deff0{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Comic Sans MS;}}
            > {\colortbl ;\red0\green0\blue0;}
            >
            > including a ton of "/par" s mixed in w/ my text.
            >
            > I'll erase all the extranious text, save and close only to find that
            > my file will come up "bad" (w.the extra text ) again a week later.
            > Can anyone tell me why this is happening and what i can do to avoid
            > it?
            >
            > Thanks a ton
            >
            > Mike

            In the meantime you were foolish enough I bet to open your html file
            with a microsoft product.

            CSE HTML Validator Lite - it's free: http://home.earthlink.net/~5wink/dl/cselite652.exe

            Blake Mooney
            mooney_rb@...