Re: [NH] Clip to change @ to HTML numeric equivelant in Email addresses, afetr making into a LINK

  • Jeffery Scism
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 8, 2005
      Doesn't work for me. Hangs up on getting the selection. (claims no
      selection was made then exits)

      deleted Getselection size step, and it fails to convert, but prints out
      the charactor string as plain text (abcdefg....)

      ~~

      Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG
      Local Coordinator Representative,
      NE/NC Region, USGenWeb Project

      http://usgenweb.org/

    • marker@us421.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 8, 2005
        No doubt the problem is with me, as I am nowhere near the clip guru :)

        could this possibly work? I uploaded the clip to
        http://us421.com/HideEmail.clb and also created a zip and put it at
        http://us421.com/HideEmail.zip

        Maybe that helps.

        Karen

        On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 19:22:15 -0700, Jeffery Scism brightened my day
        with:

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 8, 2005
          I've used one by another Christopher. Found here:
          <http://notetab.com/html.php#Utilities>
          <http://notetab.com/clipbooks/hideemail.zip>

          Lotta
        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 8, 2005
            marker@... wrote:
            > No doubt the problem is with me, as I am nowhere near the clip guru :)
            >
            > could this possibly work? I uploaded the clip to
            > http://us421.com/HideEmail.clb and also created a zip and put it at
            > http://us421.com/HideEmail.zip
            >
            > Maybe that helps.
            >
            > Karen

            Karen,

            I was about to write a long boring email about trying this before. I
            decided to cut it short.

            I doubt very much if this method will serve it's purpose. By the time
            the clip was written, mid 99, the scavengers, I think they're called
            'mail crawlers',were probably already defeating this conversion.

            ºvº
            05.10.08
            hrs > hsavage@...
          • Leigh Harrison
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 8, 2005

              hsavage wrote

              > I doubt very much if this method will serve it's purpose. By
              > the time the clip was written, mid 99, the scavengers, I
              > think they're called 'mail crawlers',were probably already
              > defeating this conversion.

              It's not a clip, but I've been using Dan Benjamin's Hiveware Enkoder -
              http://automaticlabs.com/products/enkoderform

              ~ Leigh Harrison
              ~ email leigh.harrison@...
              ~ phone 021 933 913 or 04 389 0960