Re: [NH] Post to a New Window - Compliant

  • Rudolf Horbas
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2005
      Hi Mike,

      > I to use a form to post data to a new window. I can do it like this:
      >
      > <form action="a_new_page.php" method="post" id="form1" target="_blank">
      > /></div>
      > </form>
      >
      > However, that is not XHTML compliant because "target" is not an XHTML
      > attribute. I am trying to be a good little coder!
      >
      > Any suggestions?

      1. use XHTML transitional or
      2. use JavaScript or
      3. use your own dtd:
      http://www.accessify.com/tutorials/standards-compliant-new-windows.asp

      HTH,
      Rudi
    • wilkinsonm
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2005
        Thanks Rudi,

        I'd be glad to use JavaScript, and I'm familiar with the technique
        used in the example at:
        http://www.accessify.com/tutorials/standards-compliant-new-windows.asp

        However, that example shows how to open a new page by clicking on a
        link. I want to use a <form> to POST to a new page, and I don't know
        how to use JavaScript to do that.

        Any suggestions?

        Thanks,

        Mike