Post to a New Window - Compliant

  • wilkinsonm
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2005
      I to use a form to post data to a new window. I can do it like this:

      <form action="a_new_page.php" method="post" id="form1" target="_blank">
      /></div>
      </form>

      However, that is not XHTML compliant because "target" is not an XHTML
      attribute. I am trying to be a good little coder!

      Any suggestions?

      Thanks!

      Mike Wilkinson
    • Rudolf Horbas
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2005
        Hi Mike,

        > I to use a form to post data to a new window. I can do it like this:
        >
        > <form action="a_new_page.php" method="post" id="form1" target="_blank">
        > /></div>
        > </form>
        >
        > However, that is not XHTML compliant because "target" is not an XHTML
        > attribute. I am trying to be a good little coder!
        >
        > Any suggestions?

        1. use XHTML transitional or
        2. use JavaScript or
        3. use your own dtd:
        http://www.accessify.com/tutorials/standards-compliant-new-windows.asp

        HTH,
        Rudi
      • wilkinsonm
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 7, 2005
          Thanks Rudi,

          I'd be glad to use JavaScript, and I'm familiar with the technique
          used in the example at:
          http://www.accessify.com/tutorials/standards-compliant-new-windows.asp

          However, that example shows how to open a new page by clicking on a
          link. I want to use a <form> to POST to a new page, and I don't know
          how to use JavaScript to do that.

          Any suggestions?

          Thanks,

          Mike