Re: Rob Henrichon of On Track Computer Solutions re: Thanks - [NH] weird behavior in FoxFire

  • melchior prisi
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 5, 2005
      Hi Rob

      ----- on 05.10.2005 08:16 Rob Henrichon of On Track Computer Solutions
      wrote:
      > in other words, what are the specific steps I need to do to make the
      > clip work, starting from step 1 . . . Do I launch the clip in a
      > separate tab? then open the htm file etc etc etc.
      >
      > PS can you resend the clip here if possible?

      I hope the following will help yo to install and use
      the clips.

      Regards,
      Melchior

      Here we go:

      Step 1:
      Open Notetab.
      If you cannot see the Clipbook, open it by pressing F4

      To test an unknown clip, you might want to create
      a new library which you can simply delete if results
      are not as expected:
      Right click in the title field of the clipbook and
      select "new". Choose a name for the new library and
      click o.k.

      Now select the clip(s) from the line
      H="SOLOFOX"
      to the line
      ^!result ^$strupper(^%fftxt2%)$
      and copy them to the clipboard.

      On the new library you then right click
      and select "Add from Clibboard"

      Now you should see both clips in your clipbook.
      The title of "GETTITLE" is grayed out: This function
      is not intendet to be launched by clicking on it but
      is called from "SOLOFOX".

      Step 2
      Right click on SOLOFOX and choose "Edit Clip"
      Make shure, that the line between ";LONG LINE:" and ";END OF LONG LINE"
      which begins with "^!set %url%..." is just one long line.

      On line 16 replace the string "FullPath\firefox.exe"
      with the real path to firefox.exe on your machine.
      On Windows this might be something like
      C:\program files\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe

      Note: do not remove the quotes.

      Now save (ctrl+S or File/Save) and close the clip tab.

      The clip should now be ready to run.

      Step 3
      Open a html document in NoteTab Pro
      (The clip should work in NT Light too, but
      I did'nt test it)

      Click (or doubleclick - this depends on your settings)
      SOLOFOX

      The clip opens the current html document in Firefox.
      • If Firefox already shows the file
      it will be reloaded in the same tab.
      • If you use to have more than 10 open tabs
      in your browser, edit line 23.
      • On slower machines you might have to
      adjust delays on lines 13 and 20.

      Tested on Windows XP with Firefox 1.0.7
      Doesn't work with files without a <title>Title</title>

      If your Firefox installation contains extensions related
      to tabbed browsing, you might have to edit some details.

      ;----- copy: -----
      H="SOLOFOX"
      ;REQUIRES FUNCTION »GETTITLE«
      ;LINE 15: ENTER YOUR PATH TO firefox.exe
      ^!save
      ;LONG LINE:
      ^!set %url%=^$strlower(^$filetourl(^##)$)$; %tit%=^$gettitle(^##)$; %ct%=0
      ;END OF LONG LINE
      ^!ifappopen *Mozilla Firefox next else openfox
      :try
      ^!ifappopen ^%tit% - Mozilla Firefox next else err
      ^!focusapp *Mozilla Firefox
      ^!delay 1
      :open
      ^!keyboard ctrl+l &100 #^%url%# enter ctrl+f5
      ^!goto exit
      :openfox
      ^!"FullPath\firefox.exe" ^##
      ^!goto exit
      :err
      ^!focusapp *Mozilla Firefox
      ^!delay 1
      ^!keyboard ctrl+shift+tab
      ^!inc %ct%
      ^!if ^%ct% =< 10 next else skip_1
      ^!goto try
      ^!ifsame "^$getapptitle$" "Mozilla Firefox" skip_1
      ^!keyboard ctrl+t
      ^!delay 1
      ^!keyboard ctrl+l #^%url%# enter ctrl+f5

      H="_GETTITLE"
      ^!set %fftxt%=^$strlower(^$getfiletext(^&)$)$
      ^!setlistdelimiter </title>
      ^!setarray %fftxt%=^%fftxt%
      ^!set %fftxt%=^%fftxt1%
      ^!setlistdelimiter <title>