Re: [NH] Search Entire Web Site for Keywords; Tools for it?

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2005
      Hi Rudi,

      >> (I'm trying to study why sites get high search result listings
      >> for certain keywords, FYI. I know there are tips out there on
      >> how to do it, but I would like to actually survey sites myself
      >> to see what makes them so unique to get top search listings.)
      >
      >George W. Bush's bio and Michael Moore's website don't contain
      >the phrase "miserable failure" at all, but they're the 2 top
      >search results for that very phrase.
      >I think your approach might be slightly misleading therefore. ;-)

      LOL! Thanks! I won't get into the politics of the matter, unless
      you want to write me private email. <vbg>

      >A nice free tool for Google analysis is "Free Monitor for Google"
      ><http://www.cleverstat.com/>

      Thanks much! I did look at some sites manually and things just
      didn't make much sense compared to mine, but then I do not pay
      for keywords, etc.

      http://www.notetab.net
      http://www.fookes.us/aid4mail
      Fookes Software Yahoogroups:
      http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 5, 2005
        Jody wrote:
        >I'm asking the following question on this list, because it is
        >HTML related, but please do not discuss any software,

        Oh. OK. :-P

        >Are there utilities (free preferred ;) that will search a whole
        >site for a keyword(s) and give at least the count?

        Yes.

        >(I'm trying to study why sites get high search result listings for certain
        >keywords,
        >FYI. I know there are tips out there on how to do it, but I would like to
        >actually survey sites myself to see what makes them so unique to
        >get top search listings.)

        I'm no expert, but I don't think keywords density is "it", even if the
        words actually occurring probably helps.
        At least when it comes to google I think it's more link popularity and the
        use of those keywords as link text and even in the context the link is
        placed in. Keyword uniqueness of course places you at the top too, even if
        no one actually searches for that term. ;-o)

        Lotta
      • blake mooney
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 6, 2005
          Jody--I was always told that the word SEX in any phrase, keyword, metatag, or whatever was number one! The lead of that one word over all the others astounded me and still does, that is, until I listen to the news and tire of the murders, and then flip the channel to something else and there's one of the culprits hurting young girls these days: "GIRLS' GONE WILD." I'll say they have and they're paying dearly for it. Maybe NAIVE should be the second word.
          Blake

          Jody <kjv-av1611@...> wrote:
          Hi All,

          I'm asking the following question on this list, because it is
          HTML related, but please do not discuss any software, unless you
          re-post to the Off Topic list. TIA

          Are there utilities (free preferred ;) that will search a whole
          site for a keyword(s) and give at least the count? Count per page
          and total would be even more great! Thanks! I figure if anybody
          knows this it is you guys/gals. (I'm trying to study why sites
          get high search result listings for certain keywords, FYI. I know
          there are tips out there on how to do it, but I would like to
          actually survey sites myself to see what makes them so unique to
          get top search listings.)

          http://www.notetab.net
          http://www.fookes.us/aid4mail
          Fookes Software Yahoogroups:
          http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

          CSE HTML Validator Lite - it's free: http://home.earthlink.net/~5wink/dl/cselite652.exe

          Computer and internet software

          Tell your friends to use these sites even though they're under construction:

          America's Greatest Cardiologist: http://www.drgeorgeburch.org

          Where Is My Doctor: http://www.whereismydoctor.orh

          Altitude Rated Places: http://www.altitude-rated-places.com

          My Crazy Legs: http://www.mycrazylegs.com