Re: [NH] Search Entire Web Site for Keywords; Tools for it?

  • Rudolf Horbas
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2005
      Hi Jody,

      > (I'm trying to study why sites
      > get high search result listings for certain keywords, FYI. I know
      > there are tips out there on how to do it, but I would like to
      > actually survey sites myself to see what makes them so unique to
      > get top search listings.)

      George W. Bush's bio and Michael Moore's website don't contain the
      phrase "miserable failure" at all, but they're the 2 top search results
      for that very phrase.
      I think your approach might be slightly misleading therefore. ;-)

      A nice free tool for Google analysis is "Free Monitor for Google"
      <http://www.cleverstat.com/>
      They have a range of other search engine tools, but these are not free
      (Demo versions available).

      HTH,
      Rudi
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2005
        Hi Rudi,

        >> (I'm trying to study why sites get high search result listings
        >> for certain keywords, FYI. I know there are tips out there on
        >> how to do it, but I would like to actually survey sites myself
        >> to see what makes them so unique to get top search listings.)
        >
        >George W. Bush's bio and Michael Moore's website don't contain
        >the phrase "miserable failure" at all, but they're the 2 top
        >search results for that very phrase.
        >I think your approach might be slightly misleading therefore. ;-)

        LOL! Thanks! I won't get into the politics of the matter, unless
        you want to write me private email. <vbg>

        >A nice free tool for Google analysis is "Free Monitor for Google"
        ><http://www.cleverstat.com/>

        Thanks much! I did look at some sites manually and things just
        didn't make much sense compared to mine, but then I do not pay
        for keywords, etc.

        http://www.notetab.net
        http://www.fookes.us/aid4mail
        Fookes Software Yahoogroups:
        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5, 2005
          Jody wrote:
          >I'm asking the following question on this list, because it is
          >HTML related, but please do not discuss any software,

          Oh. OK. :-P

          >Are there utilities (free preferred ;) that will search a whole
          >site for a keyword(s) and give at least the count?

          Yes.

          >(I'm trying to study why sites get high search result listings for certain
          >keywords,
          >FYI. I know there are tips out there on how to do it, but I would like to
          >actually survey sites myself to see what makes them so unique to
          >get top search listings.)

          I'm no expert, but I don't think keywords density is "it", even if the
          words actually occurring probably helps.
          At least when it comes to google I think it's more link popularity and the
          use of those keywords as link text and even in the context the link is
          placed in. Keyword uniqueness of course places you at the top too, even if
          no one actually searches for that term. ;-o)

          Lotta
        • blake mooney
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 6, 2005
            Jody--I was always told that the word SEX in any phrase, keyword, metatag, or whatever was number one! The lead of that one word over all the others astounded me and still does, that is, until I listen to the news and tire of the murders, and then flip the channel to something else and there's one of the culprits hurting young girls these days: "GIRLS' GONE WILD." I'll say they have and they're paying dearly for it. Maybe NAIVE should be the second word.
            Blake

            Jody <kjv-av1611@...> wrote:
            Hi All,

            I'm asking the following question on this list, because it is
            HTML related, but please do not discuss any software, unless you
            re-post to the Off Topic list. TIA

            Are there utilities (free preferred ;) that will search a whole
            site for a keyword(s) and give at least the count? Count per page
            and total would be even more great! Thanks! I figure if anybody
            knows this it is you guys/gals. (I'm trying to study why sites
            get high search result listings for certain keywords, FYI. I know
            there are tips out there on how to do it, but I would like to
            actually survey sites myself to see what makes them so unique to
            get top search listings.)

            http://www.notetab.net
            http://www.fookes.us/aid4mail
            Fookes Software Yahoogroups:
            http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

            CSE HTML Validator Lite - it's free: http://home.earthlink.net/~5wink/dl/cselite652.exe

            Computer and internet software

            Tell your friends to use these sites even though they're under construction:

            America's Greatest Cardiologist: http://www.drgeorgeburch.org

            Where Is My Doctor: http://www.whereismydoctor.orh

            Altitude Rated Places: http://www.altitude-rated-places.com

            My Crazy Legs: http://www.mycrazylegs.com