Re: [NH] wierd behavior in FoxFire

  • melchior prisi
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 2, 2005
      Hi Rob

      ----- on 02.10.2005 03:01 Rob Henrichon of On Track Computer Solutions
      wrote:
      > How do you "make this function" as it just sits in the library as a
      > clip? In other words - what do you do with this clip?

      The function "gettitle" is called from the
      main clip: %tit%=^$gettitle(^##)$.

      It reads the title tag of the given document.

      Later in the main clip %tit% is used to check
      if the document is already open in a firefox tab.

      If the document is not found in 10 tabs it will
      be opened in a new tab.

      The code of "getttitle" could also be noted
      directly in the main clip.

      The advantage of functions is, that you can
      call them from every clip (in the same library),
      so you don't have to write often used routines again and again.

      On Functions see also NoteTab's clip help
      under "Custom Functions".

      Regards,
      Melchior

      --
      http://orp.alphazwirbel.net
    • Rob Henrichon of On Track Computer Solut
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 4, 2005
        I believe I was not specific enough -

        in other words, what are the specific steps I need to do to make the clip
        work, starting from step 1 . . .
        Do I launch the clip in a separate tab? then open the htm file etc etc etc.

        PS can you resend the clip here if possible?

        many Thanks

        > How do you "make this function" as it just sits in the library as a
        > clip? In other words - what do you do with this clip?

        The function "gettitle" is called from the
        main clip: %tit%=^$gettitle(^##)$.

        It reads the title tag of the given document.

        Later in the main clip %tit% is used to check
        if the document is already open in a firefox tab.

        If the document is not found in 10 tabs it will
        be opened in a new tab.

        The code of "getttitle" could also be noted
        directly in the main clip.

        The advantage of functions is, that you can
        call them from every clip (in the same library),
        so you don't have to write often used routines again and again.

        On Functions see also NoteTab's clip help
        under "Custom Functions".

        Regards,
        Melchior

        --
        http://orp.alphazwirbel.net

        CSE HTML Validator Lite - it's free:
        http://home.earthlink.net/~5wink/dl/cselite652.exe

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • melchior prisi
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 5, 2005
          Hi Rob

          ----- on 05.10.2005 08:16 Rob Henrichon of On Track Computer Solutions
          wrote:
          > in other words, what are the specific steps I need to do to make the
          > clip work, starting from step 1 . . . Do I launch the clip in a
          > separate tab? then open the htm file etc etc etc.
          >
          > PS can you resend the clip here if possible?

          I hope the following will help yo to install and use
          the clips.

          Regards,
          Melchior

          Here we go:

          Step 1:
          Open Notetab.
          If you cannot see the Clipbook, open it by pressing F4

          To test an unknown clip, you might want to create
          a new library which you can simply delete if results
          are not as expected:
          Right click in the title field of the clipbook and
          select "new". Choose a name for the new library and
          click o.k.

          Now select the clip(s) from the line
          H="SOLOFOX"
          to the line
          ^!result ^$strupper(^%fftxt2%)$
          and copy them to the clipboard.

          On the new library you then right click
          and select "Add from Clibboard"

          Now you should see both clips in your clipbook.
          The title of "GETTITLE" is grayed out: This function
          is not intendet to be launched by clicking on it but
          is called from "SOLOFOX".

          Step 2
          Right click on SOLOFOX and choose "Edit Clip"
          Make shure, that the line between ";LONG LINE:" and ";END OF LONG LINE"
          which begins with "^!set %url%..." is just one long line.

          On line 16 replace the string "FullPath\firefox.exe"
          with the real path to firefox.exe on your machine.
          On Windows this might be something like
          C:\program files\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe

          Note: do not remove the quotes.

          Now save (ctrl+S or File/Save) and close the clip tab.

          The clip should now be ready to run.

          Step 3
          Open a html document in NoteTab Pro
          (The clip should work in NT Light too, but
          I did'nt test it)

          Click (or doubleclick - this depends on your settings)
          SOLOFOX

          The clip opens the current html document in Firefox.
          • If Firefox already shows the file
          it will be reloaded in the same tab.
          • If you use to have more than 10 open tabs
          in your browser, edit line 23.
          • On slower machines you might have to
          adjust delays on lines 13 and 20.

          Tested on Windows XP with Firefox 1.0.7
          Doesn't work with files without a <title>Title</title>

          If your Firefox installation contains extensions related
          to tabbed browsing, you might have to edit some details.

          ;----- copy: -----
          H="SOLOFOX"
          ;REQUIRES FUNCTION »GETTITLE«
          ;LINE 15: ENTER YOUR PATH TO firefox.exe
          ^!save
          ;LONG LINE:
          ^!set %url%=^$strlower(^$filetourl(^##)$)$; %tit%=^$gettitle(^##)$; %ct%=0
          ;END OF LONG LINE
          ^!ifappopen *Mozilla Firefox next else openfox
          :try
          ^!ifappopen ^%tit% - Mozilla Firefox next else err
          ^!focusapp *Mozilla Firefox
          ^!delay 1
          :open
          ^!keyboard ctrl+l &100 #^%url%# enter ctrl+f5
          ^!goto exit
          :openfox
          ^!"FullPath\firefox.exe" ^##
          ^!goto exit
          :err
          ^!focusapp *Mozilla Firefox
          ^!delay 1
          ^!keyboard ctrl+shift+tab
          ^!inc %ct%
          ^!if ^%ct% =< 10 next else skip_1
          ^!goto try
          ^!ifsame "^$getapptitle$" "Mozilla Firefox" skip_1
          ^!keyboard ctrl+t
          ^!delay 1
          ^!keyboard ctrl+l #^%url%# enter ctrl+f5

          H="_GETTITLE"
          ^!set %fftxt%=^$strlower(^$getfiletext(^&)$)$
          ^!setlistdelimiter </title>
          ^!setarray %fftxt%=^%fftxt%
          ^!set %fftxt%=^%fftxt1%
          ^!setlistdelimiter <title>