RE: [NH] wierd behavior in FoxFire

  • Rob Henrichon of On Track Computer Solut
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 1, 2005
      How do you "make this function" as it just sits in the library as a clip?
      In other words - what do you do with this clip?

      Rob Henrichon

      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 2, 2005
        Hi Rob

        ----- on 02.10.2005 03:01 Rob Henrichon of On Track Computer Solutions
        wrote:
        > How do you "make this function" as it just sits in the library as a
        > clip? In other words - what do you do with this clip?

        The function "gettitle" is called from the
        main clip: %tit%=^$gettitle(^##)$.

        It reads the title tag of the given document.

        Later in the main clip %tit% is used to check
        if the document is already open in a firefox tab.

        If the document is not found in 10 tabs it will
        be opened in a new tab.

        The code of "getttitle" could also be noted
        directly in the main clip.

        The advantage of functions is, that you can
        call them from every clip (in the same library),
        so you don't have to write often used routines again and again.

        On Functions see also NoteTab's clip help
        under "Custom Functions".

        Regards,
        Melchior

        --
        http://orp.alphazwirbel.net
      • Rob Henrichon of On Track Computer Solut
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 4, 2005
          I believe I was not specific enough -

          in other words, what are the specific steps I need to do to make the clip
          work, starting from step 1 . . .
          Do I launch the clip in a separate tab? then open the htm file etc etc etc.

          PS can you resend the clip here if possible?

          many Thanks

          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 5, 2005
            Hi Rob

            ----- on 05.10.2005 08:16 Rob Henrichon of On Track Computer Solutions
            wrote:
            > in other words, what are the specific steps I need to do to make the
            > clip work, starting from step 1 . . . Do I launch the clip in a
            > separate tab? then open the htm file etc etc etc.
            >
            > PS can you resend the clip here if possible?

            I hope the following will help yo to install and use
            the clips.

            Regards,
            Melchior

            Here we go:

            Step 1:
            Open Notetab.
            If you cannot see the Clipbook, open it by pressing F4

            To test an unknown clip, you might want to create
            a new library which you can simply delete if results
            are not as expected:
            Right click in the title field of the clipbook and
            select "new". Choose a name for the new library and
            click o.k.

            Now select the clip(s) from the line
            H="SOLOFOX"
            to the line
            ^!result ^$strupper(^%fftxt2%)$
            and copy them to the clipboard.

            On the new library you then right click
            and select "Add from Clibboard"

            Now you should see both clips in your clipbook.
            The title of "GETTITLE" is grayed out: This function
            is not intendet to be launched by clicking on it but
            is called from "SOLOFOX".

            Step 2
            Right click on SOLOFOX and choose "Edit Clip"
            Make shure, that the line between ";LONG LINE:" and ";END OF LONG LINE"
            which begins with "^!set %url%..." is just one long line.

            On line 16 replace the string "FullPath\firefox.exe"
            with the real path to firefox.exe on your machine.
            On Windows this might be something like
            C:\program files\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe

            Note: do not remove the quotes.

            Now save (ctrl+S or File/Save) and close the clip tab.

            The clip should now be ready to run.

            Step 3
            Open a html document in NoteTab Pro
            (The clip should work in NT Light too, but
            I did'nt test it)

            Click (or doubleclick - this depends on your settings)
            SOLOFOX

            The clip opens the current html document in Firefox.
            • If Firefox already shows the file
            it will be reloaded in the same tab.
            • If you use to have more than 10 open tabs
            in your browser, edit line 23.
            • On slower machines you might have to
            adjust delays on lines 13 and 20.