Re: [NH] wierd behavior in FoxFire

  • melchior prisi
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 1, 2005
      Hi,

      ----- on 28.09.2005 21:15 Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
      > Now for the weird part: When FF launches it opens two Tabs.(...)

      I wrote a Clip to make Firefox behave like it should:

      Opens current html document in Firefox.
      • If Firefox already shows the file
      it will be reloaded in the same tab.
      • If you use to have more than 10 open tabs
      in your browser, edit line 20.
      • On slower machines you might have to
      adjust delays on lines 8 and 10.
      • On line 13 insert your path to firefox.exe.
      Don't forget the quotes.
      • Requires Function »GETTITLE« (see below).

      Tested on Windows XP with Firefox 1.0.7
      Doesn't work with files without a <title>Title</title>

      If your Firefox installation contains extensions related
      to tabbed browsing, you might have to edit some details.

      ;----- copy: -----
      H="SOLOFOX"
      ;REQUIRES FUNCTION »GETTITLE«
      ;LINE 15: ENTER YOUR PATH TO firefox.exe
      ^!save
      ;LONG LINE:
      ^!set %url%=^$strlower(^$filetourl(^##)$)$; %tit%=^$gettitle(^##)$; %ct%=0
      ;END OF LONG LINE
      ^!ifappopen *Mozilla Firefox next else openfox
      :try
      ^!ifappopen ^%tit% - Mozilla Firefox next else err
      ^!focusapp *Mozilla Firefox
      ^!delay 1
      :open
      ^!keyboard ctrl+l &100 #^%url%# enter ctrl+f5
      ^!goto exit
      :openfox
      ^!"FullPath\firefox.exe" ^##
      ^!goto exit
      :err
      ^!focusapp *Mozilla Firefox
      ^!delay 1
      ^!keyboard ctrl+shift+tab
      ^!inc %ct%
      ^!if ^%ct% =< 10 next else skip_1
      ^!goto try
      ^!ifsame "^$getapptitle$" "Mozilla Firefox" skip_1
      ^!keyboard ctrl+t
      ^!delay 1
      ^!keyboard ctrl+l #^%url%# enter ctrl+f5

      H="_GETTITLE"
      ^!set %fftxt%=^$strlower(^$getfiletext(^&)$)$
      ^!setlistdelimiter </title>
      ^!setarray %fftxt%=^%fftxt%
      ^!set %fftxt%=^%fftxt1%
      ^!setlistdelimiter <title>
      ^!setarray %fftxt%=^%fftxt%
      ^!result ^$strupper(^%fftxt2%)$
      ;----- /copy -----

      Regards,
      Melchior

      --
      http://orp.alphazwirbel.net
    • Rob Henrichon of On Track Computer Solut
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 1, 2005
        How do you "make this function" as it just sits in the library as a clip?
        In other words - what do you do with this clip?

        Rob Henrichon

        > Now for the weird part: When FF launches it opens two Tabs.(...)

        I wrote a Clip to make Firefox behave like it should:

        Opens current html document in Firefox.
        • If Firefox already shows the file
        it will be reloaded in the same tab.
        • If you use to have more than 10 open tabs
        in your browser, edit line 20.
        • On slower machines you might have to
        adjust delays on lines 8 and 10.
        • On line 13 insert your path to firefox.exe.
        Don't forget the quotes.
        • Requires Function »GETTITLE« (see below).

        Tested on Windows XP with Firefox 1.0.7
        Doesn't work with files without a <title>Title</title>

        If your Firefox installation contains extensions related
        to tabbed browsing, you might have to edit some details.

        ;----- copy: -----
        H="SOLOFOX"
        ;REQUIRES FUNCTION »GETTITLE«
        ;LINE 15: ENTER YOUR PATH TO firefox.exe
        ^!save
        ;LONG LINE:
        ^!set %url%=^$strlower(^$filetourl(^##)$)$; %tit%=^$gettitle(^##)$; %ct%=0
        ;END OF LONG LINE
        ^!ifappopen *Mozilla Firefox next else openfox
        :try
        ^!ifappopen ^%tit% - Mozilla Firefox next else err
        ^!focusapp *Mozilla Firefox
        ^!delay 1
        :open
        ^!keyboard ctrl+l &100 #^%url%# enter ctrl+f5
        ^!goto exit
        :openfox
        ^!"FullPath\firefox.exe" ^##
        ^!goto exit
        :err
        ^!focusapp *Mozilla Firefox
        ^!delay 1
        ^!keyboard ctrl+shift+tab
        ^!inc %ct%
        ^!if ^%ct% =< 10 next else skip_1
        ^!goto try
        ^!ifsame "^$getapptitle$" "Mozilla Firefox" skip_1
        ^!keyboard ctrl+t
        ^!delay 1
        ^!keyboard ctrl+l #^%url%# enter ctrl+f5

        H="_GETTITLE"
        ^!set %fftxt%=^$strlower(^$getfiletext(^&)$)$
        ^!setlistdelimiter </title>
        ^!setarray %fftxt%=^%fftxt%
        ^!set %fftxt%=^%fftxt1%
        ^!setlistdelimiter <title>
        ^!setarray %fftxt%=^%fftxt%
        ^!result ^$strupper(^%fftxt2%)$
        ;----- /copy -----

        Regards,
        Melchior

        --
        http://orp.alphazwirbel.net

        CSE HTML Validator Lite - it's free:
        http://home.earthlink.net/~5wink/dl/cselite652.exe

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • melchior prisi
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 2, 2005
          Hi Rob

          ----- on 02.10.2005 03:01 Rob Henrichon of On Track Computer Solutions
          wrote:
          > How do you "make this function" as it just sits in the library as a
          > clip? In other words - what do you do with this clip?

          The function "gettitle" is called from the
          main clip: %tit%=^$gettitle(^##)$.

          It reads the title tag of the given document.

          Later in the main clip %tit% is used to check
          if the document is already open in a firefox tab.

          If the document is not found in 10 tabs it will
          be opened in a new tab.

          The code of "getttitle" could also be noted
          directly in the main clip.

          The advantage of functions is, that you can
          call them from every clip (in the same library),
          so you don't have to write often used routines again and again.

          On Functions see also NoteTab's clip help
          under "Custom Functions".

          Regards,
          Melchior

          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 4, 2005
            I believe I was not specific enough -

            in other words, what are the specific steps I need to do to make the clip
            work, starting from step 1 . . .
            Do I launch the clip in a separate tab? then open the htm file etc etc etc.

            PS can you resend the clip here if possible?

            many Thanks

            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 5, 2005
              Hi Rob

              ----- on 05.10.2005 08:16 Rob Henrichon of On Track Computer Solutions
              wrote:
              > in other words, what are the specific steps I need to do to make the
              > clip work, starting from step 1 . . . Do I launch the clip in a
              > separate tab? then open the htm file etc etc etc.
              >
              > PS can you resend the clip here if possible?

              I hope the following will help yo to install and use
              the clips.

              Regards,
              Melchior

              Here we go:

              Step 1:
              Open Notetab.
              If you cannot see the Clipbook, open it by pressing F4

              To test an unknown clip, you might want to create
              a new library which you can simply delete if results
              are not as expected:
              Right click in the title field of the clipbook and
              select "new". Choose a name for the new library and
              click o.k.

              Now select the clip(s) from the line
              H="SOLOFOX"
              to the line
              ^!result ^$strupper(^%fftxt2%)$
              and copy them to the clipboard.

              On the new library you then right click
              and select "Add from Clibboard"

              Now you should see both clips in your clipbook.
              The title of "GETTITLE" is grayed out: This function
              is not intendet to be launched by clicking on it but
              is called from "SOLOFOX".

              Step 2
              Right click on SOLOFOX and choose "Edit Clip"
              Make shure, that the line between ";LONG LINE:" and ";END OF LONG LINE"
              which begins with "^!set %url%..." is just one long line.

              On line 16 replace the string "FullPath\firefox.exe"
              with the real path to firefox.exe on your machine.
              On Windows this might be something like
              C:\program files\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe

              Note: do not remove the quotes.

              Now save (ctrl+S or File/Save) and close the clip tab.

              The clip should now be ready to run.

              Step 3
              Open a html document in NoteTab Pro
              (The clip should work in NT Light too, but
              I did'nt test it)

              Click (or doubleclick - this depends on your settings)
              SOLOFOX

              The clip opens the current html document in Firefox.
              • If Firefox already shows the file
              it will be reloaded in the same tab.
              • If you use to have more than 10 open tabs
              in your browser, edit line 23.
              • On slower machines you might have to
              adjust delays on lines 13 and 20.