Re: [NH] wierd behavior in FoxFire

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 28, 2005
      hsavage wrote:

      > Seamonkey currently appears to be Mozilla's predecessor, offspring if
      > you like, Seamonkey is now my primary browser. I added Opera, since it
      > became a free downloaded, for familiarization.

      To be clear I must point out that I used the incorrect term above,
      should have read, 'Mozilla's successor'. Another possible reason for
      lack of current support in Mozilla is they may be waiting for the newest
      version of Gecko, the browser engine.

      ºvº
      05.09.29
      hrs > hsavage@...
    • melchior prisi
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 1, 2005
        Hi,

        ----- on 28.09.2005 21:15 Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
        > Now for the weird part: When FF launches it opens two Tabs.(...)

        I wrote a Clip to make Firefox behave like it should:

        Opens current html document in Firefox.
        • If Firefox already shows the file
        it will be reloaded in the same tab.
        • If you use to have more than 10 open tabs
        in your browser, edit line 20.
        • On slower machines you might have to
        adjust delays on lines 8 and 10.
        • On line 13 insert your path to firefox.exe.
        Don't forget the quotes.
        • Requires Function »GETTITLE« (see below).

        Tested on Windows XP with Firefox 1.0.7
        Doesn't work with files without a <title>Title</title>

        If your Firefox installation contains extensions related
        to tabbed browsing, you might have to edit some details.

        ;----- copy: -----
        H="SOLOFOX"
        ;REQUIRES FUNCTION »GETTITLE«
        ;LINE 15: ENTER YOUR PATH TO firefox.exe
        ^!save
        ;LONG LINE:
        ^!set %url%=^$strlower(^$filetourl(^##)$)$; %tit%=^$gettitle(^##)$; %ct%=0
        ;END OF LONG LINE
        ^!ifappopen *Mozilla Firefox next else openfox
        :try
        ^!ifappopen ^%tit% - Mozilla Firefox next else err
        ^!focusapp *Mozilla Firefox
        ^!delay 1
        :open
        ^!keyboard ctrl+l &100 #^%url%# enter ctrl+f5
        ^!goto exit
        :openfox
        ^!"FullPath\firefox.exe" ^##
        ^!goto exit
        :err
        ^!focusapp *Mozilla Firefox
        ^!delay 1
        ^!keyboard ctrl+shift+tab
        ^!inc %ct%
        ^!if ^%ct% =< 10 next else skip_1
        ^!goto try
        ^!ifsame "^$getapptitle$" "Mozilla Firefox" skip_1
        ^!keyboard ctrl+t
        ^!delay 1
        ^!keyboard ctrl+l #^%url%# enter ctrl+f5

        H="_GETTITLE"
        ^!set %fftxt%=^$strlower(^$getfiletext(^&)$)$
        ^!setlistdelimiter </title>
        ^!setarray %fftxt%=^%fftxt%
        ^!set %fftxt%=^%fftxt1%
        ^!setlistdelimiter <title>
        ^!setarray %fftxt%=^%fftxt%
        ^!result ^$strupper(^%fftxt2%)$
        ;----- /copy -----

        Regards,
        Melchior

        --
        http://orp.alphazwirbel.net
      • Rob Henrichon of On Track Computer Solut
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 1, 2005
          How do you "make this function" as it just sits in the library as a clip?
          In other words - what do you do with this clip?

          Rob Henrichon

          > Now for the weird part: When FF launches it opens two Tabs.(...)

          I wrote a Clip to make Firefox behave like it should:

          Opens current html document in Firefox.
          • If Firefox already shows the file
          it will be reloaded in the same tab.
          • If you use to have more than 10 open tabs
          in your browser, edit line 20.
          • On slower machines you might have to
          adjust delays on lines 8 and 10.
          • On line 13 insert your path to firefox.exe.
          Don't forget the quotes.
          • Requires Function »GETTITLE« (see below).

          Tested on Windows XP with Firefox 1.0.7
          Doesn't work with files without a <title>Title</title>

          If your Firefox installation contains extensions related
          to tabbed browsing, you might have to edit some details.

          ;----- copy: -----
          H="SOLOFOX"
          ;REQUIRES FUNCTION »GETTITLE«
          ;LINE 15: ENTER YOUR PATH TO firefox.exe
          ^!save
          ;LONG LINE:
          ^!set %url%=^$strlower(^$filetourl(^##)$)$; %tit%=^$gettitle(^##)$; %ct%=0
          ;END OF LONG LINE
          ^!ifappopen *Mozilla Firefox next else openfox
          :try
          ^!ifappopen ^%tit% - Mozilla Firefox next else err
          ^!focusapp *Mozilla Firefox
          ^!delay 1
          :open
          ^!keyboard ctrl+l &100 #^%url%# enter ctrl+f5
          ^!goto exit
          :openfox
          ^!"FullPath\firefox.exe" ^##
          ^!goto exit
          :err
          ^!focusapp *Mozilla Firefox
          ^!delay 1
          ^!keyboard ctrl+shift+tab
          ^!inc %ct%
          ^!if ^%ct% =< 10 next else skip_1
          ^!goto try
          ^!ifsame "^$getapptitle$" "Mozilla Firefox" skip_1
          ^!keyboard ctrl+t
          ^!delay 1
          ^!keyboard ctrl+l #^%url%# enter ctrl+f5

          H="_GETTITLE"
          ^!set %fftxt%=^$strlower(^$getfiletext(^&)$)$
          ^!setlistdelimiter </title>
          ^!setarray %fftxt%=^%fftxt%
          ^!set %fftxt%=^%fftxt1%
          ^!setlistdelimiter <title>
          ^!setarray %fftxt%=^%fftxt%
          ^!result ^$strupper(^%fftxt2%)$
          ;----- /copy -----

          Regards,
          Melchior

          --
          http://orp.alphazwirbel.net

          CSE HTML Validator Lite - it's free:
          http://home.earthlink.net/~5wink/dl/cselite652.exe

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • melchior prisi
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 2, 2005
            Hi Rob

            ----- on 02.10.2005 03:01 Rob Henrichon of On Track Computer Solutions
            wrote:
            > How do you "make this function" as it just sits in the library as a
            > clip? In other words - what do you do with this clip?

            The function "gettitle" is called from the
            main clip: %tit%=^$gettitle(^##)$.

            It reads the title tag of the given document.

            Later in the main clip %tit% is used to check
            if the document is already open in a firefox tab.

            If the document is not found in 10 tabs it will
            be opened in a new tab.

            The code of "getttitle" could also be noted
            directly in the main clip.

            The advantage of functions is, that you can
            call them from every clip (in the same library),
            so you don't have to write often used routines again and again.

            On Functions see also NoteTab's clip help
            under "Custom Functions".

            Regards,
            Melchior

            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 4, 2005
              I believe I was not specific enough -

              in other words, what are the specific steps I need to do to make the clip
              work, starting from step 1 . . .
              Do I launch the clip in a separate tab? then open the htm file etc etc etc.

              PS can you resend the clip here if possible?

              many Thanks

              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 5, 2005
                Hi Rob

                ----- on 05.10.2005 08:16 Rob Henrichon of On Track Computer Solutions
                wrote:
                > in other words, what are the specific steps I need to do to make the
                > clip work, starting from step 1 . . . Do I launch the clip in a
                > separate tab? then open the htm file etc etc etc.
                >
                > PS can you resend the clip here if possible?

                I hope the following will help yo to install and use
                the clips.

                Regards,
                Melchior

                Here we go:

                Step 1:
                Open Notetab.
                If you cannot see the Clipbook, open it by pressing F4

                To test an unknown clip, you might want to create
                a new library which you can simply delete if results
                are not as expected:
                Right click in the title field of the clipbook and
                select "new". Choose a name for the new library and
                click o.k.

                Now select the clip(s) from the line
                H="SOLOFOX"
                to the line
                ^!result ^$strupper(^%fftxt2%)$
                and copy them to the clipboard.

                On the new library you then right click
                and select "Add from Clibboard"

                Now you should see both clips in your clipbook.
                The title of "GETTITLE" is grayed out: This function
                is not intendet to be launched by clicking on it but
                is called from "SOLOFOX".

                Step 2
                Right click on SOLOFOX and choose "Edit Clip"
                Make shure, that the line between ";LONG LINE:" and ";END OF LONG LINE"
                which begins with "^!set %url%..." is just one long line.

                On line 16 replace the string "FullPath\firefox.exe"
                with the real path to firefox.exe on your machine.
                On Windows this might be something like
                C:\program files\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe

                Note: do not remove the quotes.

                Now save (ctrl+S or File/Save) and close the clip tab.

                The clip should now be ready to run.

                Step 3
                Open a html document in NoteTab Pro
                (The clip should work in NT Light too, but
                I did'nt test it)

                Click (or doubleclick - this depends on your settings)
                SOLOFOX

                The clip opens the current html document in Firefox.
                • If Firefox already shows the file
                it will be reloaded in the same tab.
                • If you use to have more than 10 open tabs
                in your browser, edit line 23.
                • On slower machines you might have to
                adjust delays on lines 13 and 20.