Re: [NH] Can I modify the "document to html" function

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 21, 2005
      Hi Doug, Don, Lotta, & Others,

      >>Is it possible to modify the code for the "document to html" function?
      >
      >I think it's hardcoded in Notetab. Jody has some clips that converts
      >outlines to HTML. Maybe you can modify them to do what you want.

      To some degree you can modify the header/footer. Look in View | Options
      | Internet and the HTML Headers/Footers fields. Be careful about the
      ^* and ^& because they are special code that have to be there for
      NoteTab to do its thing. I do not know what effect it will have on the
      Outline to HTML coding.

      >Scroll down to "Outline Stuff".
      ><http://notetab.net/html/library.htm>

      http://www.notetab.net/zip/outline.zip (I think) <g>

      http://www.notetab.net
      http://www.fookes.us/aid4mail
      Fookes Software Yahoogroups:
      http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
    • Doug Offen
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 22, 2005
        Thanks Jody, Don, Lotta, & Others,

        I have been messing around with the suggestions. Thanks for the ideas.

        > >>Is it possible to modify the code for the "document to html"
        function?

        > >I think it's hardcoded in Notetab. Jody has some clips that
        converts
        > >outlines to HTML. Maybe you can modify them to do what you want.

        I have been playing with Jody's outline clips and getting some mixed,
        but interesting results. I'm a hunt and peck keyboarder and a copy and
        paste coder so it takes me a while to figure out some of the procedures.

        > To some degree you can modify the header/footer. Look in View |
        > | Internet and the HTML Headers/Footers fields. Be careful about the
        > ^* and ^& because they are special code that have to be there for
        > NoteTab to do its thing.

        I have changed the code to include a centered table to enclose the
        converted to html coding. It works well.

        >I do not know what effect it will have on the
        > Outline to HTML coding.

        The new settings in view options internet don't work with outlines to
        html

        Thanks again for the tips and I think I am headed in the right
        direction by switching the topic to the clips group. My clips really
        suck but some of them save me a lot of time and fiddling.

        Doug Offen